The Conversion Bureau 769 members · 387 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

What do you think would happen if the PER met the task force from rainbow six siege?

Keep in mind, in the original book they stopped a group with similar motives of world domination from achieving their goals, and have dealt with many similar bioweapon minded terrorist organizations before.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

It depends on whether or not they had any advance warning, and whether or not it was a competent group of PER, or just the usual random Newfoals.

If it was a competent group, led by one of the thirteen original government agents who had been genegineered to prevent losing their psychopathy, the Task Force would likely end up ponified before they managed a shot. They would walk into some area, find themselves surrounded by a swarming, crawling purple fog (suspended nanomachine cloud) and instantly fall unconscious and transform. Not much you can do to fight the very air.

But, if it was just an ordinary, usual group of stumbling, incompetent PER members, the Task Force would surprise them, the Newfoals would immediately surrender in terror, and allow themselves to be led off. They would be turned over to the Worldgovernment, who would scold them a lot. Then they would be given to the Equestrian Guard and taken to Celestia - who would scold them even more, question them, and probably scan their brains - and finally they would be taken to Equestria where they could do no more harm.

Now, if you are imagining the Task Force as being a group of untrained, incompetent, unprofessional fuckups - basically the online crowd in real life - then the PER former humans would all surrender quietly, and the Task Force members would beat them, shoot them and probably rape them, all while insulting them and laughing, like the evil goddamn apes most teens and tween boys are. Basically, they would act like the HLF, and embarrass the human species. Afterward, the Worldgovernment would have them arrested by the Blackmesh troopers. If the Task Force tried to fight back, they would find it pointless. Blackmesh wear non-newtonian armor that can easily deal with bullets, explosives, and other conventional weaponry from our time. After being arrested for going rogue, the former Task Force members would be summarily ponified and shipped out to Equestria, where they could do no more harm.

That is a very realistic, very straightforward answer to your question.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

I would like to add that a "battle" between the Blackmesh of the Bureau universe and current day Tom Clancy types would be hilarious to watch.

Bullets would instantly decelerate and drop to the ground on hitting the Blackmesh armor - and this is a little funny to watch - the Blackmesh troopers would very briefly halt, freeze in place, with every impact. That is because their flexible, mesh-like non-Newtonian armor would harden when it was hit, exactly like liquified corn starch-with-water does when punched or hit. They might jerk or lurch a bit as they relentlessly approached, but the Blackmesh would easily grab and cuff their opponents.

It gets comedic if the Rainbow Six types use grenades. A grenade would instantly harden a Blackmesh suit, but the kinetic force would still lift a Blackmesh trooper up and away. They would fly and hit the ground, spang off walls, or generally flop over, and it would take a second or two for their armor to soften again. It would be like human bowling pins, which is kind of funny. But when the grenades were used up, the Blackmesh would just stand up and start walking or running again, and soon capture the attackers.

I doubt the Blackmesh would even bother using their own, identity-locked sidearms (only they can use them, nobody else can activate a given trooper's weapon). Maybe if one was carrying some kind of sonic or electric discouragement weapon. Or a foam grenade (expanding, rigid foam that locks opponents in place). They wouldn't consider deadly rounds worth their time against people with antique weapons.

It is funny, though, thinking about the conventional grenades tossing them about. It might piss them off though. They are only human.

"Not much you can do to fight the very air."

What's this then?

"I don't care who you are, if you get hit with an airburst 25mm round, you're getting turned to jello."
- Generation tech, on HE weapons.

While they're suits are hardened from the original HE rounds , they could hit them with secondary shots of HE rounds, the kinetic force of which would turn their innards to jello. And once they discover that those suits exist, its only a matter of time before they get their hands on them and even the playing field.

They likely wouldn't join the HLF on account of their very purpose being to combat terrorist organizations.

The way you described teenagers is... Concerning to say the least I myself am 16 years old, and am a
respectful, decent human being, despite having a mildly angry and violent side.

Also, completely unrelated note, can you provide me with some fanart of the blackmesh, or at least a link to it? I've looked everywhere, and I can't find any.

Comment posted by aegishailstorm deleted Nov 22nd, 2021

And presume they came from their home dimension one where the hardships of earth in the TCB universe don't exist, The Blackmesh would probably give up and go with them for the sake of a better life, where there is no dying earth, (At least, not significantly dying earth) no ever expanding magical barrier of death, and no ponification. The world government of the TCBverse could use its knowledge to help the Rainbow six world, and evacuate its population(Those who don't want to get ponified at least ) To it.

There, everyone goes home happy, and alive.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

The way you described teenagers is... Concerning to say the least I myself am 16 years old, and am a
respectful, decent human being, despite having a mildly angry and violent side.

Good for you! That is how people should be with each other. But, as a person who used to play a lot of first person shooters (until I had enough) I can assure you that you are not normal.

If you but merely look around a bit, you will find that it is a very established trope - because it is true - that teen and young adult male FPS gamers are basically terrible. While many professional teams have been censured or even banned, and while tournaments constantly try to punish such behavior (usually with fines), and while game companies try to introduce filters and censoring on chat as well as voice, the bottom line is that people get harassed, racism is constant, sexism is constant, and Nazis and hate in general are everywhere. Women players (60% of gamers) have to pretend they are guys just to be able to not be constantly harassed. It is a cesspit - I know, I've seen it over and over. I can only assume that you have a nice group of friends to play with that don't harass suspected women, constantly talk racist smack, hate on people for being gay, or gang up to ignore the game just to group attack a player they think is trans, while demanding they kill themselves. So, good on you!

While they're suits are hardened from the original HE rounds , they could hit them with secondary shots of HE rounds, the kinetic force of which would turn their innards to jello.

The Conversion Bureau is the age of nanotechnology. The kinetic force is converted into heat (basic physics), which means that the weblike armor channels thermal energy into ejectable reservoirs. Those are limited in number, though, and could be overwhelmed, so there is that.

And once they discover that those suits exist, its only a matter of time before they get their hands on them and even the playing field.

Blackmesh armor is custom to each trooper: it has to be. It is skin tight, and precisely follows their body contours. Nobody can (successfully) wear anyone else's Blackmesh. To acquire their own stretchy armor, the Clancy Team would have to capture a heavily fortified and robotically protected, AI controlled facility, find a way to hack the AI (I hope they brought their 'Quantum Neruochips For Dummies' holobook with them), override the Worldgovernment safeties and identification protocols, and then figure out how to get the nanospinner machines to obey them and make them armor. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it would take time. If the Clancies (ooh, I like that term!) had three to six months in the future where they could spoof the rest of the hypernet that their captured Blackmesh facility was still uncompromised, they could possibly do it. They would need to keep prisoners and force them to turn against the legal government in some manner. But, if your team was evil enough, and determined enough, and willing to violate all morality, they could possibly succeed.

Also, completely unrelated note, can you provide me with some fanart of the blackmesh, or at least a link to it? I've looked everywhere, and I can't find any.

I can't, but I can describe them. Imagine a person covered in a tightly knit, body-hugging, carbon-black suit that looks like a million cyber-spiders custom spun it for them alone. They carry a backpack and various odd brick-like units on their body (heat reservoirs), and have assorted holographic displays hovering around their arms and head. Some of these are from the Permatech implanted in their forearms or skulls - common to this age for anyone, but theirs have to be Government approved. They have a carbon black spun helmet, adorned with spider-like artificial eyes that can see in all frequencies. It connects directly to their Permatech ports in their skulls, allowing them to be networked together as one unified force, overseen and sometimes overridden by a central artificial superintelligence node. They can 'see' from each other's viewpoints, or have a total awareness gained from every member of as a whole. The AI can take over their bodies and give them superhuman reflexes and abilities. They have several personal firearms, all genetically coded to their touch alone. These are rounded, small, and designed mostly not to kill, but to render harmless. They have a frame that follows their body that gives them robotically enhanced super-strength (their main job is distributing food and water equitably in the world: they lift heavy pallets and containers, while protecting them from the masses).

Say, the team arrived from the future and encountered them, having read the books, they aren't all idiots, and if they can foil international terrorist organization before, who's to say they can't do it again? And they wouldn't have to capture an entire facility, they just need to capture one soldier. Which would be difficult, but not impossible, with enough support, they could do it, and considering what people in our own time already know about nanotechnology, I think they could reverse engineer the armor, with help of course.

I'm an introvert. And the handful of people that I know that I would consider "Friends" are all good people, as far as I know. Most of the people I have met online have have been none of those things you described, although I have met a few. And I hate change, with a passion. I prefer to play alone, I play for the story, not the multiplayer.

Also, if a round was traveling fast enough, (Think railgun/ coilgun) wouldn't the round be able to penetrate their armor?

Also, say rainbow six arrived through some for of interdimensional rift, and that said rift was 2 way, do you think the humans of the TCB world would chose to go back with them rather then get turned into ponies?

I'm not normal, And I'm happy that I'm not.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

Also, if a round was traveling fast enough, (Think railgun/ coilgun) wouldn't the round be able to penetrate their armor?

Oh, absolutely. Blackmesh armor isn't magic, it just physics. If you had a railgun, it would punch through the non-Newtonian armor, no question. If you hit a Blackmesh trooper with a serious bomb, yeah, it would kill them. I'm talking just conventional weapons - the stuff we have today. That would be annoying to the Blackmesh, but not deadly. A Trek phaser would take them out, so would a Romulan disruptor. But Tom Clancy doesn't have phasers - he tries to hew close to current day tech.

Blackmesh are possible because they use technology just being developed today, only extended into the future by sixty to eighty years. Lightweight robotic body frames, nanotech materials, and bio-compatible implants that allow neural networking. Primitive versions of these things exist right now, but it will be many decades before they become affordable or commonplace.

If a Clancy team - using conventional tech - suddenly teleported or Rifted in to the Bureau future of earth, they would immediately be spotted. The Bureau future is one of mass, universal surveillance: there are holograph cameras everywhere, on every street corner, in every building. It is very '1984' that way. Sapient, self-aware artificial intelligences constantly watch and monitor everyone and everything - unless you are way out on a desert, or in some ruins, or beyond any city and lost in the impoverished Worldfavela. Even in the Worldfavela, there are regularly spaced Worldgovernment Infotainment Kiosks (holographic centers where people go to watch shows, play games, use the hypernet, and do all of their business and interact with the Government) and these kiosks watch everything around them. In addition to that, belts of satellites constantly monitor the planet, and all of this is coordinated with the Worldgovernment Central AI Nodes. It truly is a global panopticon.

Once spotted, they would be scanned by any nearby device - all are linked, globally - to check their Identity Implants. They wouldn't have any. All citizens of the planet have Identity Implants - chips that allow them to use the Worldbank, buy and sell things, and gain benefits, such as the Guaranteed Daily Ration of food and water. That is why the Blackmesh really exist: with 19 billion desperately poor people on the dying (actually, already dead, but they try to hide that fact) planet, it is not easy to feed and water ever single last human. But they do - in that one way, this is the true Golden Age Of Mankind. No person ever goes hungry or thirsty, anywhere. The Blackmesh keep what order they can in order to keep that guarantee true - because, as is human, some folks want to steal the food and water to profit from it. Blackmesh prevent that, and see it distributed evenly and correctly. At least - that's the plan, anyway.

The Clancy team would be followed - by every device anywhere near them. Their exact position would always be known. The only way they could escape would be to run into the radioactive ruins, the deserts, or convince ordinary favela folk to hide them.

Blackmesh troopers would be assigned to investigate both the Clancy team and whatever rift or gate might exist at the exact point they appeared. They would be confronted, and asked to comply. If the Clancy's agreed, they would be taken first to a Blackmesh facility, held until transport was available, and questioned. If they cooperated, the Worldgovernment would be VERY interested in how they got there - think about it... time travel! This would represent a way to plunder the past for resources. With a time travel gateway, the Worldgovernment corporations could steal resources from the distant past to keep the world going in their present. They could steal metals, energy, clean, uncontaminated soil, biosphere components to re-seed the planet and try to restore all of the extinct plants and animals. They would be desperate for such a thing. They would send armored divisions through to take the resources needed from our time. Nothing would stop them. It is a matter of life and death for them - they wouldn't even worry about paradoxes.

After all, the only reason the Worldgovernment agreed to allow humanity to escape to Lifeboat Equestria was because they literally had no other option. The planet is dead. Sixty more years and the atmosphere won't sustain human life anymore. They don't have the resources to save anything. Humanity is literally doomed to extinction. Even then, the elites demanded special privileges from Celestia before they agreed to allow humanity to not die forever with the planet.

The appearance of the Clancy team would be the greatest threat to our time imaginable. The Worldgovernment would see them as a chance to tell Celestia to go away, and to save themselves (even if the rest of humanity died) by stealing everything from our time period for themselves.

Also, say rainbow six arrived through some for of interdimensional rift, and that said rift was 2 way, do you think the humans of the TCB world would chose to go back with them rather then get turned into ponies?

Of course! Probably most humans would. Think about that - our world, right now, today, with 19 billion impoverished humans from the future desperate to travel back in time to live with us! Imagine if that gate was constantly open - picture tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of desperate refugees from the future flooding into America every single day. They would expect free food and free water, and if they didn't get their Government Guaranteed Ration, they would have to resort to violence and stealing - I mean, what else could they do? People gotta eat, and they need water to stay alive. Think of how much they would shit and piss wherever they were - there would not be toilets enough for that many people suddenly appearing! And they would just keep coming, day after day, because behind them are nineteen billion more waiting to get through to the glorious, rich past where there were still trees, and grass, and vegetables, and the sky was still blue and the ocean was still alive!

Billions and billions of refugees from the future, speaking a patois of multiple languages, all the cultures of the world mushed together, spreading out like a never-ending tidalwave into our world. All of them demanding houses, food, water, and a chance to better themselves. All of them angry at all the wealth they see around them. All of them very angry at us, in the past, who - with our selfishness - ruined the planet for them in the future.

The single most noble thing your Clancy Team could do, if they suddenly appeared in the Bureau future, is to destroy the gate home and commit suicide so that nobody in that future earth could find out how to use the time travel that got them there.

Our world is overloaded with 8 and a half billion people. Most people starve, most people are poor. Imagine America, population 350 million, with five or six billion new refugees swarming everywhere, taking what they must just to survive. Imagine that. Imagine trying to live through that horror. Nothing could stop that many people appearing. Not all the guns in the US could mow them down, and they would just keep coming. More and more, flooding through the gate, or breech, or time hole.

The US would have to nuke itself, if the portal to the future was on American soil.

The Bureau future earth is a desperate one. It has sixty years left before humanity dies from lack of air. The oceans are long dead. There are no trees alive except in museums that serve only the wealthy. The majority of humanity lives off of nano-reconstructed artificial food made from their own bodily waste. The Amazon is a dead desert. Much of America has craters from the brief nuclear war with China and the Middle East. Japan is a radioactive exclusion zone, the remaining Japanese population wander the earth. There are no nations, just Production Zones. Only two percent of all humans have jobs - the rest live on the Guaranteed Ration. All the resources - metal, energy, materials are all gone. It costs too much to dig any deeper, or to extract any more. There is only two hours of electricity every day, one hour in the morning, one in the evening.

Imagine what our world would look like to them. Imagine how hungry they would be for it.

Oh, yes, they would most definitely want to come back and avoid ponification. Oh, they would be willing to kill for that chance. And there are nineteen billion of them versus eight billion of us.

Frankly, I think your Rainbow Six team should be lined up and executed merely for contemplating opening a doorway to that future. They would doom us all merely by visiting - and showing that such a thing was possible.

Maybe help Celestia stop these lunatics who are throwing stolen Pony Potions around, and attacking New Whelps and New Griffs, New Nymphs, and New Pups and New Kittens for taking the "wrong" potion?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10