The Conversion Bureau 769 members · 387 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I've seen it pop up elsewhere as to what Equines are apparently made of, and that the potion changes you on a quantum level. I found the concept very think worthy and I wanted to know what it was exactly

It's the Equestrian-universe version of a sufficiently-small particle (can't remember if atom or subatomic). Their chemistry/physics is based on a completely different system of matter than ours is, which only works in our universe due to the magic involved.

I think they called dweons, detailed explanation probably in comments somewhere ...
from "Adrift Off Fiddler's Green_ A Conversion Bureau Story"

But more than this, matter itself in Equestria, was wrong. Dweons, Equestrian atoms, were indivisible. They were unitary and singular, and had no physics beyond simply being, perfect and absolute. All complexity stopped with them, an absolute fundament upon which all reality was built. Tiny cubes that did not so much slip or move past each other as change to represent the appearance of movement and interaction. There was no empty space in Equestria, and according to one raving former physicist, even absence, vacuum, in Equestria, was merely another flavor of the indivisible, all-filling Dweons.

EDIT:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/202869/adrift-off-fiddlers-green-a-conversion-bureau-story#comment/7581794

Is that the authors explanation for cartoony magical bullshit like flying at Mach speeds into a wooden barn without being liquefied? If yes I might have use for these Dweons. As well as magical blood

After re-reading the detailed explanation: yes. Physics is entirely different there, so collisions etc. are also completely different, and Pinkie Pie is just using cheat codes.

Ooh, I can play with that. Imagine a super hero that isn't technically human made up of matter not from this universe, and as long as there's ambient magic to draw from that person can do all sorts of insane feats.

You've more or less just described Superman.

Shit really? I guess one could become super man if one realized that limitations they've placed upon themselves are a spook and that they can become a God, but that takes a lot of power.

I think that's the plutonian more than anything

Yes the Pink Eldritch Horror sure do love her cheats :pinkiehappy:

:pinkiehappy: Nothin', what's a matter with you?!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11