Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Mockingbirb
Group Admin

PRELIMINARY VERSION

The easy way to put an entry into 'Arboreal Yearnings Story Contest I' is to publish the entry on fimfiction.net as a story, and add the story to the appropriate contest folder. (link to instructions)

However, fimfiction.net rules say some kinds of written content CAN be posted on and linked on fimfiction.net, but NOT 'as a story.'

Examples I've been asked about so far for this contest:
- A play or script.
- A poem (or story) shorter than 1000 words. (I understand that poetry doesn't necessarily turn out well with a 1000 word minimum on a deadline.)

Because of my sympathy for some people who want to write such stories, Arboreal Yearnings I (link) has added a new special option to allow them in. Please read the details below to see if your story qualifies!

This contest is subject to the Arboreal Yearnings Story Contest I rules (link), EXCEPT that this extra optional way to enter stories has been added.

Even with the new options, this is still a writing contest. This is NOT a singing contest, a music contest, a spoken word recording contest, or a request for multimedia extravaganzas. Assume that your judge (or some of the rest of your audience)
- might be deaf.
- might be reading this in Braille.
- might be reading through a low speed network connection to a treetop in the middle of a remote forest.
:twilightsmile:🌲🌳🌲🌲🌲

If you enter a story under this rule:

Your story should follow fimfiction.net's rules for general content that may be posted on and linked to from fimfiction.net.

Your story might not have a "Long Description" to link back to the contest, but please try to provide an equivalent or comparable link.

You should link your contest entry DIRECTLY from a reply to this forum topic/post. Your post should include the sentence "This is a contest entry."

Just to make sure nothing gets lost or missed, you could even ALSO send me (Mockingbirb) a direct link through the fimfiction.net mail system. You can even send me a copy of your story if you want to.
:twilightsmile:

I have added two examples to this thread, of how to enter a mini-story or script into this contest.

Any Mistakes, Errors, and Changes in Contest Rules

If we've made a terrible mistake in these rules and conditions, we reserve the right to fix them in a reasonable way.

Fixes and clarifications may be in italics, like this.

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

EXAMPLE OF HOW TO ENTER A SCRIPT OR MINI-STORY THROUGH THIS FORUM TOPIC, AS A fimfiction.net BLOG POST.

Dear Contest Judges, "This is a contest entry."

"Interspecies Romance, A Scandal in One Act" (My Stinky Play, Not a Good One Like Real Contest Entrants Would Write)

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

EXAMPLE OF HOW TO ENTER A MINI-STORY SHORTER THAN 1000 WORDS THROUGH THIS FORUM TOPIC, AS A SELF-CONTAINED CHAPTER WITHIN A LARGER STORY TAGGED "Anthology."

Dear Contest Judges, "This is a contest entry."

"Growing the Family Tree" [Comedy; Rated E for Everyone]

Blah blah here is an interesting fact about my story or something I wanted to say idk I'l fil this part in later. :trollestia:

Hi judges, this is a contest entry

'To be a tree' [sad; dark; rated E for everyone].

It's a poem rather than a story but still has a narrative - it just rhymes as well!

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Wow, it worked! :twilightsmile:

Putting together special rules to allow shorter and script format stories wasn't a waste. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5