Intersex 31 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Trick Question
Group Admin

This will be a stickied thread for information on the organization of the stories folders. I'll edit this initial post with information when there are changes.

I wanted to ask NicLove and other users about the E/T/M folders. I'm concerned users might be confused and try to add stories there which don't fit into the three mane content folders. To ameliorate this possibility, I just set the rating-based folders to contributor status, with info that one of the group contributors will copy a story link into the appropriate folder when it gets added to one of the mane content folders. This prevents stories appearing in one location but not the other, which has already happened (update: I've removed the story that was errantly added to the ratings folders after speaking with the author).

I'm not sure the rating-based folders are needed, though, for three reasons:

1. Unlike genre, you can already display all the stories in a folder by rating: just click on the "Order" button.
  2. While this only works per folder, there are only three content folders so it's not a large imposition.

• If we do prefer an all-access location, we could "show subfolders" instead.
  3. We don't have many stories yet, so it may be overkill to add them this early.

Nic, do you think these folders are still necessary? Everypony, feel free to comment here (this thread is unlocked) if you have any thoughts. My druthers generally lean toward fewer folders for less confusion.

It may be necessary at some point to curate folders to make sure non-intersex stories don't get added in general, but I'd rather not do that unless it becomes necessary. If you have questions about whether a story applies, feel free to post a forum thread.

NicLove
Group Admin

Some times you want to read a story but only want to see the ones that are Rated ()
so it's to help with that

and also some times you don't know in which folder it should go
so you just put in the Rated folder and...

Trick Question
Group Admin

You can already organize stories by rating by clicking the "Order" button, as I said above. If you want, we can show all stories at the root level so people can do this for all content folders at once.

Putting stories in a different folder because you don't know where they belong is what I'm trying to avoid (because it just happened with somepony posting a story that didn't belong into the rating folders). If somepony doesn't know which folder a story is appropriate for, that's what the forum is for.

Comment posted by Trick Question deleted Aug 24th, 2021
Trick Question
Group Admin

Okay, there isn't much additional feedback now so I'll get rid of the rating folders, but I'll also make it so users can see all the stories at once from the mane directory. That way users can organize all stories at once by rating by clicking the order button.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5