Hall of Contests [SFW] 173 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Secret Moon
Group Admin

Posted on behalf of the Reviewers' Mansion group
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/998084/spook-contest-by-reviewers-mansion

Hello every pony! Hope you are doing well. I've been a busy baticorn. Between Closing on our house, and ACTUALLY moving it, it's been hectic.

Anyways! Ninjadeadbeard, a dear friend of mine wanted to have a Halloween themed contest for our group, The Reviewer's mansion. Unfortunately due to his health, he wasn't able to host or be involved in this contest. Please see his blog here if you don't know: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/996189/life-update-things-suck-bad-rereading-everything-to-get-back-to-writing-though , So I'm hosting it in his honor. Which also means ANY entry to this contest, I will personally donate 5 dollars to the National American Cancer Society.

What's the contest about?
Welcome to the first official Reviewer's Mansion SPOOKY contest. The theme of the day is bats, wereponies, timberwolves and any other Halloween ish pony you can think of. It DOESN'T have to be one seen in canon, but it has to be a halloween creature of some kind. It could be a Lamia for example, a snake like pony and still quality. If you aren't sure, please just ask and I will confirm whether or not, they quality.
Changelings are NOT a Halloween creature, but you can use them in the story, they just can't be the focus.

Can I submit more than one story?
No, only one story per author, and YES that includes alt's.

Can I submit Mature?
That depends. If it's Mature for Dark, psychological or violence then yes.
No Gore is allowed. No Vore. No Smut. I'd really rather not read gruesome stories so let's avoid them.

How long is the Contest?
The deadline is Halloween. I do apologize for not announcing this sooner but since it's a Halloween Contest it just makes sense. I am looking forward to seeing what you do!

I have questions?
Please DM them to me through Discord, it's the Fastest way to get a hold of me, and I will gladly answer them as best as I can.

Prompt example of my own:
Example: Sunset is a Werewolf, and is terrified of the monster within. Once again, she finds herself fighting against herself, but will she embrace the curse, or let it consume her?

OPTIONAL prompt starters:
Haunted House
Halloween Party
Escape Room Shennigans
A Murder Mystery or a WHO done it?
Please NOTE none of these are required. Just if your stuck and need a jumping off point, feel free to use them.

What's my word limit?
Word limit: 1k minimum-10k maximum.

Who's Judging?
Judges:
Nailah: Your local baticorn obessed with pineapples.
I thought I was Toast: A batty friend who also wrote Just a little batty.
Sleepless Beholder: An unique eldrich horror of a judge, known for their willingness to read more horror ish themes.

What will I get if I win? What are the prizes?

1st place: 100 USA dollars
2nd place: Art by Buttery Biscuit
3rd place: An Audio reading by Dreams of Ponies.

THANK YOU for reading this, and please submit your stories HERE: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215274/folder/78556/spook-contest-entries-only

DIdn't this contest close to new entries at the end of October?

If it's closed, someone is supposed to change the post title from '[Open]' to '[Closed]'

Yeah the contest is officially closed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3