Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Bicyclette
Group Contributor

Well, that was quite a contest, wasn't it? We have 19 stories total, which includes the one that is still pending in the moderation queue, between 16 authors. We were overwhelmed by how many great entries there were to choose from! So overwhelmed that we have decided to boost the number of prizes to give out with an additional $20 from myself.

The Third Place prize will now come with a prize of $10. In addition, as there were many entries that were more friend-ships than romantic ships, we will give another prize of $10 for Best Friendshipping. Finally, we will recognize one fic for an Honorable Mention, which does not come with any prize beyond the recognition.

And here are the results!

Honorable Mention: Goldenrod by Cirrus Sky

For my Honorable mention I wanted something cute and short and that’s just what Goldenrod was cute and straight to the point. And just the right amount of Sunset being a gay simp for herself.
Reactception

EGoldenrod
Sunset Shimmer meets a very familiar looking girl. The questions begs: Dammit why is she so hot?
Cirrus Sky · 2.1k words  ·  38  0 · 1.3k views

Best Friendshipping: Sunset Shimmer and the College Applications by Apple Bottoms

A great execution of the classic premise of Sunset meeting her human-turned-pony self, establishing human Sunset as a very #relatable character in its few words. With excellent witty banter in its dialogue and dry humor in its narration, this is a friend-ship that you can't miss!
Bicyclette

ESunset Shimmer and the College Applications
Sunset Shimmer is facing down the SAT and FAFSA applications. Her only solution? Tracking down her alternate self and bribing her for help. Silly arguments ensue.
Apple Bottoms · 1.5k words  ·  143  3 · 2.1k views

Third Place: No Two Sunsets Are Alike by ReedHoarse

The comedy mixed with the fluff made for a well written romance story. And interaction between the 2 Sunset’s was great fun. definitely would’ve been my number 1 pick if this was a comedy competition.
Reactception

TNo Two Sunsets Are Alike
Sunset Shimmer's human counterpart is better looking than her. She thinks this is deeply unfair.
ReedHoarse · 4.6k words  ·  228  2 · 3.1k views

Second Place: Shards of Incongruence by applejackofalltrades

This was a tour de force of self-shipping, going from Sunset's premonition and fear of meeting her human self to their action-packed first encounter and beyond, perfectly threading in an escalation of possibly narcissistic, possibly morally suspect desire. Everything I could have ever wanted from this contest!
Bicyclette

TShards of Incongruence
Sunset Shimmer meets herself. It's not weird.
applejackofalltrades · 9.1k words  ·  198  8 · 4.3k views

First Place: Self-Reconciliation by BiggerNate91

Me and Bicyclette both agreed this story deserved the top spot as it did a good job at making the romance feel natural. And I for one loved that they showed backstory so that the romance felt longer and better despite it being quite a short story.
Reactception

ESelf-Reconciliation
After years of being apart, Sunset Shimmer finally makes amends with her ex-girlfriend.
BiggerNate91 · 7.2k words  ·  66  2 · 1.9k views

Congratulations to all the winners! For those of you who have won cash prizes, I will be contacting you by PM shortly.

Thank you so much to all of you who have participated! Each of your stories have been read and appreciated, whether they placed or not.

Be sure to join us in November for the next Sunset Shimmer x EG Villain Shipping Competition! I will no longer be a host (and thus no longer providing prize money), but I know that between Reactception and the next host, the contest will be in good hands. I hope to see you there as a fellow competitor!

ReedHoarse
Group Contributor

:pinkiehappy: Thank you so much, this was a ton of fun to be a part of! I loved reading everyone else's entries, grats to the other winners

Wow these were quick results! Congrats to everyone who participated and to the other winners :)
I definitely want to read all the entries I haven’t read yet. Thanks for hosting such a strange but also amazing contest!

Reactception
Group Admin

Thanks for making such an interesting and open minded competition Bicyclette. :pinkiehappy:

Also a big thanks to everyone who participated
All you’re stories were appreciated and enjoyed by the judges even if you didn’t win.

Comment posted by KwirkyJ deleted Oct 31st, 2021

Yahoo, a whole new category! And I won it! :rainbowlaugh: Thank you very much for the honor!! I am glad it was such a successful contest! Congratulations to all of the winners and entrants!! If you finished a fic in time, then really, the biggest honor is that you finished something! :heart:

Thanks for the honourable mention! I am glad people liked the story. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7