Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Bicyclette
Group Contributor

(by nendo)

Story Theme

It is about time that Sunset Shimmer gets shipped with the most compelling and complex Equestria Girls villain of all: Sunset Shimmer! That's right! This is a Sunset Shimmer x Sunset Shimmer Shipping Contest!

What? But How Does That Work?

In so many ways! Just off the top of my head:

• Sunset's originally-human counterpart!
  • Sunset's demon form as a separate character from her, somehow!
  • Time travel!
  • Magic cloning!
  • Alternate timelines!
  • Changelings!

Or think of your own, even better way!

Additional Rules

Stories should be first posted/published between today (October 1st, 2021) and October 28th, 2021. Time zone: United States, Eastern.

Stories are suggested to be less than 5000 words. Stories above 5000 words may be submitted, but judges are allowed to stop reading at 5000 words if it does not catch their interest.

Stories should be E or T rated. SFW only!

We have created a folder in this group for you to put your stories in BEFORE THE DEADLINE.

If this is your first story ever on fimfiction.net and you're having trouble publishing it on this website, please send a link with view password to both Bicyclette and to Reactception. Email us if you have questions about this.

Please include a link to the contest in your story description.

The Prizes

1st Place:

• The story will be on the page description for two weeks, and the winner will get to choose the next Sunset x EG Villain competition (can’t be the same one). If they want to, they can co-judge for that competition. But if they don’t want to co-judge, they can of course compete again.
  • Bicyclette will give them $40 by Paypal. (Note: This is a one-time donation by Bicyclette, and does not apply to future contests.)

2nd Place:

• The story will get an honorable mention on the group description.
  • The winner will get a review of one of their stories (their choice) by Reactception.
  • Bicyclette will give them $20 by Paypal. (Note: This is a one-time donation by Bicyclette, and does not apply to future contests.)

3rd Place:

• The story submitted will be reviewed by Reactception.
Reactception
Group Admin

What if I don’t want the money

Bicyclette
Group Contributor

if you win and don't want the money, you can:
a. ask me to donate to a charity of your choice
b. ask me to donate to a charity of my choice
c. tell me to just keep the money
it's up to you!

Can I have the option to ask you to donate to another user on the site

Bicyclette
Group Contributor

sure! that counts as a charity i guess lol

Consider me signed up then:twilightsmile:

Does it have to be romantic? Could it be a friend Ship?

Bicyclette
Group Contributor

given the precedent in the SunCinch contest, friendshipping is okay!

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

I have two ideas for a Sunset x Sunset story, and I don't know which one is better.

Can the same person enter two stories in the contest? Is there a limit?

Can we enter as many stories as we like with the limitation that if a story bores the judges, they might stop reading it?

Bicyclette
Group Contributor

yep, for the record, multiple entries are allowed by the same author but only one can be a winner

At what time, if any, should the sunset x sunset contest entries be moved/copied into the appropriate Sunset Shimmer folder or sub-folders (as distinct from the competition folder)?

Should the entry be submitted before the start of October 28th EST or the end of October 28th EST?

Reactception
Group Admin

Before.

They will be moved sometime between the end of this competition and the beginning of the next.

Any word on what day you'll announce the winner of the contest?

I’m afraid I won’t be able to make deadline so you guys will have to continue announcing the winners without my entry

Reactception
Group Admin

Sad to hear that.
But it’s completely okay and I hope you’ll be able to submit next month. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17