Generation 5 Group 323 members · 399 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Bendy
Group Admin

Imagine, it actually turns out to be good. Do think we could get an influx of new users on fimfiction due more people becoming Bronies?

Hey, we might even get some new fans even it's bad somehow.

I think it will be good.

Bendy
Group Admin

I hope so at least.

It's certainly possible, especially with explicit ties back to G4.

Remember. When G4 was announced it got a lot of crap as well. Even the creator of Family Guy called it the death of story telling for little girls.

Huk

I imagine that if G5 is good, there will be an influx of new users PLUS a lot of old users that sort of lost interest over the years, will come back as well.

Fandom aside, IMHO MLP has a huge potential to grow. G4 already established that ponies can be for everyone, not just girls. If they capitalize on that in G5 (with new toys aimed at boys, for example), they should be able to expand it waaay further still.

Assuming, of course, Hasbro wants that... And it's not as clear-cut as it seems.

It surely will get a lot of attention. So, if the movie turns out to be good, I think that quite a good number of people are gonna hop in.

Also, I've noticed that people's reactions are similar to reactions when G4 was announced.
A lot of people are complaining, some are unsure and there are people who like what they see, but still don't know how things will turn out in the end. It honestly reminds me of some G3 fans and other people that were making fun of the upcoming G4 back in 2010.

All in all, hope for the best for the upcoming new generation!

WTF does the creator of the Simpson's rejected clone know about cartoons or story telling? Their idea of story telling is to kill off a major character, replace them, and bring them back less than half a season later. G4 was good and I'm sure G5 has potential to be good too.

True. But it was mostly to show how G4 got a lot of flack before anyone ever saw an episode. Hell if you look at it Every season had at least one big fight among the community.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10