Generation 5 Group 323 members · 399 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Ultimus Pendragon
Group Admin

Do you any of you guys think G5 will hit the milestone that G4 did with its runtime and various movies, or do you think it will fall short and maybe amount to. . .half that, if anything?

I know its literally too early to tell with next to no information, as well as if the show actually gains some traction as its predecessor, then they’ll add more seasons, but just want your guy’s thoughts on the matter.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

I hope it does. How else am I gonna occupy the next 9 years of my life?

I'm really excited for it

G4's length was utterly unpredicted, a fruit of it's consistent success. So we really can't guess much at this point - I think they're keeping their options open.

If it gets past one season, I'm gonna guess 52 episodes. That's kinda a magic number for syndication.

--Sweetie Belle

Not 65 anymore?

That's the other magic number for syndication, and that would be the other possibility. It's really a question of whether you plan to run reruns four or five times a year...

--Sweetie Belle

Huk

This question is like asking, 'Will the Game Stop stock raise again and for how long' :ajsmug: (and if somebody knows THAT, PM me :rainbowdetermined2:). The answer is... It will depend on how good the show will be.

That said, in the case of G4, the initially planned length was three seasons - or rather, two and a half. That's why the third season was only 13 episodes long AND why the 'Magical Mystery Cure' was such a mess - they thought it will be the final episode. However, because the show was good and had good ratings, they decided to push it to season 4, and... the rest is history.

So I think that even if G5 turns out as utter shit, we can count on at least 60-65 episodes, and if it turns out good, they will probably push it for a few more seasons. Although I hope that once the show starts showing its age (it usually happens around S6 or S7), they will end it there and make G6. It's better to end on a high note than to drag it on with declining quality. At least that's how I see it :unsuresweetie:.

So, to summarize, IMHO:

• If G5 will be anywhere from 'Total crap' to 'OK' => We'll probably get 2.5 seasons
  • If G5 will be 'Good' => We'll probably get at least 4-5 seasons
  • If G5 will be as good or better than G4 => There is a chance for it to last for 9 seasons, but my bet would be 6 or 7 at most.

Let's hope it turns out good :twilightsmile:.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8