Equestria Ninja Girls Clan 98 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 175 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 175
AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Last year from Polygon:

Netflix and Gaumont Animation shared a first look at the upcoming Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles at aSan Diego Comic-Con panel for the animated series based on Stan Sakai’s legendary comic, Usagi Yojimbo.

Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles showrunners, Doug & Candie Langdale, said they wanted to build a character-driven story that appealed to the young audience that devoured Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles back in the ’80s and ’90s. Lead Director Ben Jones compared the series to the Hong Kong action comedies of Jackie Chan and Stephen Chow, mixing light-hearted action with technical precision. For his part, Art Director Khang Le wanted to bring the iconic look of the comic to life, by giving Neo Edo a mix of traditional Japanese architecture and the vertically inclined and vibrant buildings of modern Tokyo. It was that wonderful fusion that apparently sold Sakai on the series.

At the panel, the team shared stunning renders of the CGI, as well as an exciting preliminary animation test, which can be seen above. However, Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles has not forgotten its comic roots, and will have flashbacks rendered in traditional 2D animation. Those sequences are filled with flowing inks and gorgeous watercolors, pushing this beyond your normal kids fare and into a feast for the eyes.

This is not the first time Sakai has attempted to make a series about a descendant of Miyamoto’s. Space Usagi, a Saturday morning sci-fi reimagining of the character, had a pilot in 1995. Jumping off the popularity of Usagi’s appearances in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles made sense, and there’s a clear line from that pilot to Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles, but the low cost animation for cartoons of the era left the project wanting. The world of animation has come leaps and bounds since those days and if this panel was any indication, Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles will finally bring Sakai’s legacy of world class action to a new generation.

The series will premiere on April 28 on Netflix.

In all honesty, I think this could fit for a crossover with a new generation of ponies and ninjas.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Looks like it could be awesome

thus The Mask have magic or powers

Your well informed

Maybe Lita, Sunny, and all their friends could crossover with them, since it's a next gen series.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Oh, I almost forgot. Here’s a video for the first look of the new Usagi series.

Yeah. Sunny and her friends would enjoy meeting more friends from other worlds! Whether or not the mane 5 come with Lita and her sisters to Usagi's world, I believe they'll be anthro-ponies like the ENG of Moo Mesa Story.

I look forward to this

Thank you for the release date update for a moment I thought it would never come out

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

What mask??? 🤨

Comment posted by Cyan Tank deleted Mar 24th, 2022
AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Does that have anything to do with Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles or is it something else?

I agree with you on this one dude. I mean what good would that movie have to do with this new Netflix Series anyways? It makes no sense.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Here is the official trailer for Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Here is a sneak peek for Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles.

Chizu was right. There IS something wrong with that rabbit. And he hasn't been trained by ninjutsu master?

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

We’ll wait and see until the series is released on Netflix.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Today is April 28th and you know what that means. Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles is officially released on Netflix. So what are you waiting for? Go check out the new series on Netflix now. 🐰⚔️

Hey pal, I'm not sure if it's EQNG worthy. Mainly because this Usagi isn't the heroes' friend

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Here’s the first episode of Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles. 🐰⚔️

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Not the Turtles and Rainbooms, but the next generation of Ninjas and Ponies.

In that case, I agree. Sorry.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

It’s fine. You’re good.

Thank. I'm not buying Usagi turning Tratior. You?

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

I don’t know. I’m still watching the first episode. So no spoilers please.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Again, it’s fine.

Comment posted by Darth Wrex deleted Apr 29th, 2022

The ninjas, mane 5, and Usagi's team posed.

Usagi excited, "Someone get a picture."

Pipp pulled out her cell-phone

"Smile!" Pipp said.

Everyone smiled.

"Booyakasha!" Zanna and Izzy shouted before Pipp took a photo of everyone.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Nice. It would be awesome to see the ninja mutants, mane 5, and Usagi’s team take on the Neko Ninja Crew (or Ninja Neko Crew).

Thanks, this is a little extra from that intro if the ninjas and mane 5 meet Yuichi and his team.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

Okay. That’s cool.

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

NOTE: If you or anyone is finished watching Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles, make sure to hide your messages by using the spoiler tag.

So are you guys gonna make the fic or not I really wanna see if you guys come to a decision on it

AmethystMajesty25
Group Admin

To answer your question Sylveon, we don’t know.

Sorry guys but I got a little impatient waiting for the decision but when your ready to write it let me know

I understand. There's just been a delay in our writing. My fault, actually.

How can it be your fault and I think when the group first meet yuichi and his friends I guess it would start with a misunderstanding then a fight

I chose our G.I Joe story to currently update.

Ok I can wait and what did you think of my suggestion

First, please respond probably to my comments. And second... It would make the information they say more awkward

Sorry and second of all I thought it would be a interesting concept

Attacking the disciples of his Ancestor's Friends

It mean it's going to be majorly awkward

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 175