The Master Thief Dragon Supporters 6 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Wildcard25
Group Admin

Since I have a sequel in store. We can all get together and help me in brainstorming certain things I can do for when I decide to get to it

I’ve got one.

What’s say Spike and his ladies go on a treasure hunt for the long-lost Blue Monkey Diamond, and they compete with fellow treasure hunters Daring Do and Dr. Cabelleron along the way?

So just for context here, what do you have plan for the opening of the sequel?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Well Duke Moon II and I have been pondering and it's a recap on how the girls, Celestia, Luna, and Cadence have been doing since Spike left.

I see, cause I was thinking that when Spike returns to the city and on his way to the mansion, a turf war suddenly breaks out and he, along with a little girl he rescued, barely got out of there with his life.

This would hint of the power vacuum that's been going on in the city's underworld after Tirek's death. But that's up to you though.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Yeah he will take note that crime has increased exponentially since he left. And another bit would be Chief Iron Will and his officers discover a new calling card implanted somewhere with Iron Will saying 'He's back'

Also just out of curiosity here, but where specifically is Canterlot City located?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

I've never really specified, then again a lot of fictional cities and towns aren't specified in their location either

So how many years does it take place after the story?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Possibly three to five

So just curious here, what have each of the girls been doing while Spike has been gone? I doubt that they just sit on the sidelines while these gang wars have been happening.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

They tried moving on with their lives focusing on their fields. Applejack with her family’s business, Rarity and her fashion business, Pinkie with her party planning business, Rainbow still aiming to be the best sports girl, Fluttershy with the shelter. Twilight after all that switched schools and focuses more on her studies nearly cutting herself off from the girls

Hmmm, I can sort of see Spike keeping his distance from them at first when he returns and only approaches them when he feels they're ready.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

I can see Applejack approaching him first followed by Rarity and then Rainbow Dash. He would then try to reach out Pinkie and Fluttershy afterwards. Twilight, he knew wouldn't be ready to speak to him, so he decides to just keep his distance from her for the time being.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Precisely. Especially with Twilight. In fact one of my ideas was while Spike was away she started seeing Tirek's former hired hitman Byakko

I see. While they're together, would Byakko teach Twilight some of his skills.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Possibly in spare time for self defense. But eventually Byakko realizes her heart still belongs to Spike so he eventually lets her go to be with him

Part of the reason Byakko did that could be that she would be safer with Spike than with him considering that now his brother has gotten loose and would be looking for revenge.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

That's a possible idea

Granted, Byakko doesn't know that Burakku is gunning for Spike as well, but he'll most likely target his brother first.

I was also thinking that once the Harmony Sweeties reunite with Spike, they would become his servants and aid him in his heists as well taking down the warring crime lords in their city.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

That was the idea

So, here's an idea on how Spike's first encounter with Burakku would be like:

When Spike, as Dragon, was about to enter King Longhorn's building near the mines. However, he notices a couple of dead guards near the entrance, Spike was understandably disturbed by this but proceeds anyway.

But as he makes his way to Longhorn's office however, he finds more and more dead bodies. When he finally reaches his destination, he sees King Longhorn dead on his desk with Spike's heirloom, the Golden Horns, jammed right through one of the crime lord's eye sockets.

Just then, Spike is grabbed from behind and thrown out through a nearby window with the assailant following him outside. When Spike quickly regains his senses, he realized that his attacker almost looks just like Byakko, much to his confusion. The attacker then starts beating Spike to a pulp and rips his mask right off him, saying, "Just as I thought, the Master Thief Dragon is just a man..." before crushing the mask.

Spike's servants arrived and distracted the attacker long enough to get their master out of there.

Any thoughts?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Sounds wild, and his quote at the end feels like something Kraven the Hunter would say

It just goes to show you how dangerous Burakku is. Especially when compared to his brother.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

So just curious here Wildcard, what was Spike doing while he was away from Canterlot during all those years?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Training and getting himself together. After all he suffered such a beating from Tirek, and knew he had to get stronger now

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28