TUGS fan club 16 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
The Blue EM2
Group Admin

How did you all discover Tugs?

Well, it all started when I saw Salty's Lighthouse while visiting Canada as a young kid. Then years later I found TUGS on YouTube.

I first discovered the concept of anthropomorphic tugboats through a Theodore Tugboat book when I was very young. Over a decade and a half later, the Internet, and a few Thomas & Friends fan fictions, hinted at the existence of a lesser known sister show of the classic TV series by Britt Allcroft. A quick research later and I’m diving head-first into another world of pure imagination!

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Salty's Lighthouse never aired in the UK, and I was sadly born too late to catch its original air. I had one of the VHS tapes (the only episode I remember in any detail from then is Quarantine), and I later came across a Ten Cents toy at the Bluebell.

It was only in the internet age I could truly find out more about this show. Although it had a short run, this meant it never declined like so many shows do.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Theodore Tugboat was the spiritual succesor to Tugs, so that makes sense. Did you see that Theodore is currently up for sale?

I saw that. Pardon me interrupting.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin
The Blue EM2
Group Admin

No worries. This is the internet, after all.

The show or the life-sized model of the titular character?

Victor Tanzig on YouTube helped as well.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Life-sized model.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

You're not the only one.

The. Full episodes of theodore are on YouTube but I got exposed to tugs when I recommended for me was titled Thomas's sister show and I've been a tug fan ever since

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17