Delightful Creativity 56 members · 358 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Since I like the premise behind this group, I'm going to offer a very special presentation of my work here in a manner I've rarely displayed with other groups. I'll make more effort here in presenting what I have to offer.

First up;

TSky Dancer, the First Flying Unicorn
On her birthday, Star Breeze discovers a lot more about her father's past than she thought she would hear.
Scroll · 345k words  ·  27  1 · 1.1k views

There's probably only two careers I really take seriously in life, and that is being a writer and spiritualist. As a writer, it's extremely common for my stories to have a gender-bend theme in there somewhere, and the story above is no exception. In fact, it's in there twice, but it isn't the focus or the main premise.

I've written many books before, but none of them were published. When I first posted this story, it was the closest I've ever come to publishing any work. As such, it has a special place in my heart not only as my first published work of any kind, first published story based on MLP, but it also has the only OC character of all of my stories I personally identify with because that was the main driving point when I first wrote it. This is also the longest fic I've posted on the site so far. In terms of length, it kept on going downhill from here with each successive long fic becoming shorter and shorter.

Another thing of note about this story is I've written it in less than a month. Back then I averaged 30 pages a day. I'm not sure if that record will be surpassed again within this lifetime of mine.

Still another thing of note about Sky Dancer is it's a crossover with Doctor Who. That surprised me when I first wrote it, but this story is inspired by the works of Pierce Smoulder and her works with Ponies with Pockets. She has my thanks for helping me get into the fandom with both MPL and Doctor Who, particularly the newer generation of both shows. I originally thought her work was a parody of both shows, but the later audio drams of hers prove that it is serious and entertaining stories that have helped to inspire this one. This story is also inspired by A Tale of One Shadow, The Fall of the Crystal Empire, and Lullaby for a Princess. Click the links to find a video/site for each one and check it out if you haven't already. All of these sources are canon to this story, though there are a few adjustments.

There is now a live reading by Takeshy Reacts of this >>here<<. I welcome you to give him some love.

Cover Art done by the talented Dice Warwick. Link to his Fim fiction site >here<. Link to his Deviant art page >here<.

I've given some thought to the spiritual themes of my stories too and I recently realized that some of my best work subtly points to specific themes that allude to spiritual evolution. In the case of this story, the moral of the story revolves around concepts of freedom and exploration.

This story does have a sequel but it is the least popular and most underappreciated story on my list. I'm not even sure it's worth posting. There has got to be something wrong with it for the reception to be this bad, so I won't bother posting it here. Check out my stories if you want. This one is at least short.

The story after that, My Little Pony; the Next Generation was written for a contest which is the first one I've applied for. After a harsh review it suffered, though, in addition to similar marks of criticism for it from several different editors, this one is now the most embarrassing one I have in terms of quality. The only reason I haven't taken it down is some people like it. Taking it down would be tantamount of giving a gift than taking it away again. Despite how embarrassed I am about this fic, it just might be the first to get featured on this website.

Despite the contest, the central theme of that story is about the mid-life crisis of Apple Jack in particular. The Student 6 is graduating and she's starting to realize that her role as a hero is being replaced.

[Adult story embed hidden]

Now we're talking serious quality. One of the hallmarks behind this story is it's the first time one of my stories felt popular to me. This one also got featured on this website. Multiple times, in fact.

Prior to this, I was starting to write a sequel to My Little Detour which continues to focus on an OC introduced in Sky Dancer and My Little Detour but, after seeing the poor reception of My Little Detour, I lost heart in it and it never made it past the prologue.

The other reason I didn't finish it is because the story above came to me with sudden intensity. I almost waved it off, but I ended up sticking with it and it became the most popular story I ever posted.

The origin of this story actually started with Scars to her Beautiful by Flutterjackdash. I was helping him come up with ideas for that story and one idea, in particular, I latched especially strongly too. It came to me when we were brainstorming an idea for an antagonist for Scars. Someone around the same age as human Diamond Tiara and someone who could be dangerous against her. While dwelling on it, that's when it finally hit me; Cozy Glow. That would be a great antagonist for Scars.

The idea grew to such a degree that I eventually wrote my own story based on Scars to her Beautiful, only this story would focus on the antagonist of Scars and proceed with human Cozy's perspective. Since the characters in Scars are aged up (meaning Diamond and all her ilk is now High School aged), it means everyone else is aged up similarly as well.

The story above is the only one I've written for MLP which is not safe for work, but that revolves around exactly one chapter. Still, that chapter is the only reason the story has been lifted from T to M rating.

This is also the first story I've written from a first-person perspective and also present tense. Both of those choices were made to make the story feel more immersive. Apparently, it worked.

As for central themes to this story, this one revolves around redemption.

THere I Am
Trapped in stone, Cozy Glow contemplates her past and her first friend.
Scroll · 9.7k words  ·  80  3 · 3.3k views

No single chapter is more read than this one here, but to be fair . . . it is a one-shot and by far the most popular one I've posted. It is the last story I have so far that got featured. Get your tissue paper read for this one, though. You're going to need it.

This one was written for a Cozy Glow contest. At the time, I didn't intend to write more Cozy stories after finishing The Shadow Queen, but by then I had some practice with the character so I decided to give it a shot.

This is the first story that focused on pony Cozy this time, and it is a backstory for her that explains how she ended up the way she did. From multiple sources, I heard that it is so well explained there that some people have accepted it as their official headcanon for Cozy. I've also gotten feedback from one child psychologist who claims that the character is well written in terms of presenting her as a child.

As of 7/15/2021, there is now a reading by a youtube named Anthropomorphic Nerd who read this story >here<. Go check it out and give him some love if you're interested.

TOne Thousand Years Ago
The past has come back to haunt Cozy Glow in more ways than one. The fate of those who shared a similar history hangs in the balance.
Scroll · 214k words  ·  36  7 · 1.1k views

This is a continuation of Here I Am. In a way, it was an attempt to rescue her from her sad fate in the previous story. This one also focuses on pony Cozy after she is freed from stone. It also comes after The Shadow Queen which shares the same universe as Sky Dancer. Each of these builds on the other.

But one wasn't well-received when it first came out. I got so discouraged from that that I lost heart in finishing its sequel. Ironically enough, however, its popularity picked up after I posted a few chapters of its sequel. That tells me I did a devastatingly bad job of the first chapter of 1k Years Later but a great job of the first chapter for its sequel. So much so it generated renewed interest in the original story. Based on the thin feedback I've gained on this story so far, stick with it to chapter 4, and then you'll be hooked. For some reason, nobody seems to like pony Cozy's brief sojourn to the human world and interest only picks up when she returns to her native world.

The closest thing I can think of as a central theme for this story is life in general. The story is unfocused on any central theme through the first book but it was going to heavily lean on an adventure with the second.

[Adult story embed hidden]

This is my newest story to date and it is the culmination of all the lessons I learned from stories before it in terms of what seems to work and not work. Since I've grown so disheartened from the reaction to 1k Years Later, I decided to focus on a new main character for this story and to have it barely related to any of my previous stories. 99% of those story stands alone and apart from the rest of my stories.

So it's a new experiment. I learned from the sequel of 1k Years Later that, surprisingly, I'm having trouble with adventure theme stories now. That really does surprise me because I used to be so good at it, but after what I have learned, I decided to try to lean into my new strengths which are a dialog-driven slice of life stories. This one, however, also has strong horror and mystery themes but it comes and goes in waves. Not every chapter of this story is focused on horror, mystery, or slice of life. Rather, this story takes turns with it.

I intend to post this story one chapter per week. It will take quite some time to post them all at that rate but it is my hope that it will continue to generate interest and activity on my site. It's going well so far.

The central theme of this story is evolution through change. It also has very strong self reflection themes.

Creative Delight
Group Admin

That was a Lot and I am amazed. I am gonna take a look at your stories at some point when I do have time. I have just started school so I have less time to do what I want but I will at least give them a read when I can. Some of these stories do sound very interesting.

I’m also glad you like the premise of the group even though it is not the biggest I at least try to do something.
“Creativity is just a Wish before the Act, that's when Art is made.”

Do wish you a nice day.

It wasn't much, but your group reminds me of a chat room I once created simply entitled, "Imagination". With it, i pretty much spoke to exactly one person that I recall. Seeing this made me feel nostalgic a bit. That, and the premise resonates with me.

I hope you have fun with school, and I hope you enjoy my stories too. May it give you something extra to look forward to and inspire yet more creativity.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3