SonTavia ( Octavia X Sonata ) 19 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
TheOneAJ
Group Admin

See For official details but just got help and suggestion on how to make the contest more welcoming/clear. I’ll officially put what’s going to be changed in the original blog post shortly once I finalize this, but here’s what’s Is likely to change in the near future;

-Deadline expansion.
This is subject to change, but for right now, I’ll have the deadline due on September 30th. Although again, no starting date, if you have such a story you can enter it now, and this will still be a contest you can enter more than one story

-word count limit.
This is one I’m most on fence about. There will be no word minimum. If you think you can tell a good SonTavia story in only five words and get past fimfics 1000 word minimum, by all means. As for maximum, again, I really do hate the word max. A story should be as long as it needs to be to tell it effectively. As much as I understand now after asking for help needing some boundary Especially if the grand prize is a dramatic reading and I’m to have additional judges. For the moment, let’s just say 20k, although I would encourage to try keep your story under 6k

-judge search/audition. Lastly, I’ll be trying to find one or two additional people to help me with the judging. Considering this ships obscurity, Anyone is welcomed. The catch 20/2 being you can’t enter the contest as a judge

There will also be some re-wording on stuff that may not of come out right, but that’s what to expected for major changes

Thank you all again, I’m looking forward to what comes of this 👋

Hi! I joined this group a day or two ago.

A minute ago I tried adding my story to the contest entries folder, and I don't think you've set the contest entries folder to let everyone add their stories.

My story is https://www.fimfiction.net/story/478716/dissonance-chords-and-harmonies. Maybe if you let people enter their stories in the contest, you might get more entries? :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2