The School of Friendship: The Series 21 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

It's just been a little bit since there's been any activity around here, so I thought I'd try to give y'all a little poke and see what everybody's status was, where we stood on things in relation to this project, etc. :twilightsmile:

I also figure that, after doing that, this thread could be a good place for people to just pop in every now and then and just say "hey, just heads up, I'm working on such-and-such, hoping to present more soon," and so on.

I was checking the forums just earlier today and wondering if I should say something.

I've finished one story, previously discussed, and am toying with a second that was discussed in the forums--both Smolder-centered, go figure.

Also, I got to thinking ... I know the original plan was to not post these until we had a couple of them completed but now I'm wondering if that's the best way to go. I know sometimes the extra boost I need to keep writing is getting to see how people react to what I write, hear feedback and ideas, etc.

I've had the same thought, but the only problem is that I know we're not all necessarily writing them in the proper chronological order, so unless we all start prioritizing writing the fics in their proper order from here on out (in which case, we need to get nailed nailed down just what that order is), then a delay in posting would be inevitable until the right fics in the right order are written and ready to post.

As far as I know, the only fic ready to post in that proper order is RainbowDoubleDash's "pilot episode" entry, and as I understand it, that's just part one of a two-parter anyway. The rest currently ready to post are expected to fall much later in the series, so to post them now would mean effectively posting them out of order.

As for me, I still haven't actually started writing my fic as of yet (I know, I know,) but that's because I keep getting caught up in other things that have to take priority. I imagine it's a similar story with most everybody else, but as no one's said, I can't know that for sure. In any case, I hope to get sat down and properly writing it soon.

Mind if I DM you to trade some notes, kick some ideas around?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Red October, shtanding by...

I want to finish "Trouble at Midnight Castle" before I get started on "The Return of Cozy Glow, Part 2". Of course so much is conspiring to stop me from actually progressing in that story - my cat dying, having metaphorical heart attacks at the state of the United States, my many and varied dental problems...

That being said I don't think finishing that should be necessary for other people to write their stores - all that really matters is that Cozy isn't going to succeed in her plan to both figuratively and literally undermine the school.

7434059 hello I'm here I have a story but It's none-cannon. I have been wanting to ask about putting it up.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/466680/were-we-pointless

Yeah, go ahead. :twilightsmile:

7434074 7434109
It's been another few months since there's been any real meaningful activity here again...

So real talk: just how serious are we all about actually making this project a reality?

I don't want to be the doubting Tom here...I know perfectly well that writing takes time and that we all have busy schedules beyond fanfiction to work around too.

But I've also been part of plenty of projects like this in the past that had high hopes but ultimately fizzled out in the end with little show for the effort. And this one is worryingly starting to follow a similar pattern to it...further, with my own busy schedule and plenty of other projects I want to work on that are waiting for me to finish with my commitments here, it makes me reluctant to commit to writing anything if it'll all only be for naught.

Sorry if I sound like I'm jumping the gun on this, or assuming without knowing all the details of what may or may not be going on with the rest of you. Seriously, you're all great and good writers in your own rights whom I'd like to think the best of. :twilightsmile: But I have my own concerns in life to acknowledge, and sometimes I have to stop and ask the hard questions, even if it may be premature, if just to save myself an avoidable hassle. :fluttershysad:

So...I've posed the question--now let's discuss whatever the answer may be.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, of course. I've essentially completed one story for the Student season that can be posted at anytime and have started work on a second and made a bit of headway with it.

I think it feels quiet because the original conception, if I recall correctly, was to wait until a couple of stories were completed and post them together, to help keep things straight with plot details, character development and so on. In hindsight maybe it was a little overly ambitious to hold out until half a season or so of stories are completed before posting anything. Maybe it'd be better to publish the first story, build up a little enthusiasm for the season, and proceed from there.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

7515055 7515074
My plan at the moment is to finish Midnight Castle, then write part two of The Return of Cozy Glow, which (thanks to the word count limit I've imposed on it) I don't expect to take that long. Midnight Castle is the major holdup - I did not want that story to take more than a year to write, but the latter half of 2020 was just one gut punch after another to me that slowed everything down and left me feeling depressed and drained into the start of 2021, which I'm only just really starting to recover from.

Long story short, I'm serious about this, Deferring to Trinary's idea, though, when I finish part 2 of Return then I'll post both stories. Not all at once, probably I'll space things out so that they get posted over the course of two weeks, but that hopefully will generate interest.

After that, Trinary's got a completed story as well, so that can be our "Episode 3". From there...we'll see, I guess.

Midnight Castle is the major holdup - I did not want that story to take more than a year to write

Oh boy, can I ever relate to that... (side-glances over at my own "Grief is the Price We Pay") :rainbowlaugh:

Like I said, I'm not trying to insinuate anybody's slacking off here (if anything, that's me, for failing to still actually get started on his own entry, despite having a clear image in his head of what he wants it to be :facehoof:), but it had been a long enough of a gap without too much of any real movement on it that...well...I felt I needed to ask, if just for my own reassurances. :twilightsmile:

We will see indeed where this goes, then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11