Positive Ponies 3,474 members · 1,435 stories
Comments ( 46 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 46

You can feel free to downvote this if you want, but I need to vent.

I went to the doctor on Thursday for my annual checkup. Everything went fine, and I went home without a problem. I knew that I had some colon problems recently, but I didn't think much about it. I got a phone call from the hospital half an hour ago, telling me some disturbing news.

I have an abscess in my colon, and it's cancerous!

Thankfully, the cancer is not serious, and the tumor is really small. It's at the end of my colon, and this specific kind of cancer can be easily treated. I have a scheduled surgery on March 16th to remove the tumorous abscess.

I am really scared about this surgery that I am getting in 11 days. I know that my cancer diagnosis won't affect my life that much, since I have a 91% chance survival rate, but the next few months are going to be Tartarus incarnate.

Ironically, I placed a down payment for a pony plush this week, before I found out about my diagnosis. Now, that plan is out the window, because Canadian medicare only covers SOME of the costs, not all of them.

The pain of my surgery will be really bad, and postop recovery is 6-9 weeks. It might be a bit much to ask, but I need a hoof of Friendship right now.

If anypony is feeling so inclined to pitch in, I would be touched. https://www.paypal.com/invoice/s/pay/INV2-HQP9-AYU3-48Y9-8PSP?v=1&utm_source=unp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RT000307&utm_unptid=d857aa90-9a61-11ec-a95a-3cfdfef04ff0&ppid=RT000307&cnac=CA&rsta=en_US%28en-CA%29&cust=7YCXPPBDDVWL8&unptid=d857aa90-9a61-11ec-a95a-3cfdfef04ff0&calc=f8266721b5ed8&unp_tpcid=invoice-buyer-updated&page=main%3Aemail%3ART000307&pgrp=main%3Aemail&e=cl&mchn=em&s=ci&mail=sys&appVersion=1.77.0&xt=104038

Having a pony to cuddle while I writhe in pain from surgery recovery will make things a lot easier. I love you all.

Thanks, and be kind.

First~
I'm so, so sorry...
I don't have enough money to pay...
But I hope the surgery goes OK and Im sure somepony will help Pay for the plushie :)
Best of luck!~~ And don't worry,
It will be ok :pinkiehappy:

the plush is a bonus. I just need kindness and love right now...

You have my Sympathy friend :heart:

You have my deepest condolences on your current situation. I wish you a speedy recovery after your surgery.

I'm sorry man. Since I am out of work, I can give you cash.

But I pray you pull through!

:heart:

I am sorry to hear this for you Clockwork. I had a cancer scare two years ago. I was lucky but now have to watch myself, so I can only imagine what you are going through. I wish you the best right now.

Who is the sick f*ck that downvoted this?

I hope you'll feel better.

Feel better soon! You can get through this, I know it!:twilightsmile:

I'd love to help, but seeing as I am a student with no solid income whatsoever, the only thing I have to offer is my sympathy and prayers.

We're here for you if you ever need a friend to talk to!

That's all I ask for. The plushie is a bonus. Although the minimum payment for instalments is $50, if you change your mind.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Sending healing energy your way

No downvotes people!:flutterrage:

Hang in there kid. I have had the same surgery. The pain after the operation was not that bad. I had more pain after when I developed a large batch of gas of all things, no idea from what. This was 11 years ago now and so far so good. wishing you all the best. B.D.

I am touched and humbled by the love and Friendship I've received thus far. You are a good lot.

:fluttershysad: :fluttercry:

You have my support, man.

I hope and pray that you make it through.

I have very good odds. My kind of cancer has over a 90% survival rate, and it's only stage 1.

I didn't dodge a bullet, I dodged a missile!

Can't imagine what you're going through dude but keep your head up high ok?
You got this. You're tough. :twilightsmile:

Thank you so much.

I clicked downvote by mistake, and fixed it lol. Hugs all around!

Cancer can really suck. But know that you have many many friends here who are sending all the prayers and best wishes that we can. So please keep up the faith and be strong. And know that you have a huge pony loving family that's pulling for you.

Thank you so much.
I am lucky I caught it when I did, and that I have a near certain chance of survival. My kind of colon cancer, when caught early, has a 91% chance of survival. That's higher than most vaccine efficacy rates!

you'll be fine

I reposted this on another group, and I got downvoted, and accused of defrauding users.
Why would I lie about cancer? WTF is wrong with people?

No worries! You take good care of yourself now.

Hugs all around!

*Squee*
Cute Fluttershy gif!

Which group was that?

HiE.
I deleted the thread.

Sending prayers and hugs!

That group sees a lot of skeptic people since so many users keep making threads about nonsensical things that are usually off-topic.

good to know for the future...

Yep. Just go look through the forum on that one and you'll know what I mean.

Comment posted by dannny43 deleted Mar 6th, 2022

Sorry to hear this is happening to you, and hope all goes well. Will be praying.

Hang in there- it may seem daunting now, but in less than two weeks it'll feel like a distant memory!

Why would someone downvote? I'm sorry to hear about your pain, take care and recover. :heart:

Well... I know words don't help anywhere near as much as we would like them to... but know I mean it when I say I'm really sorry.

I hope this helps in some small form, and that you have many more forms of more material support and better emotional support than I can give through here.

I wish you the best. Take care. :)

I may not have any money, but I hope your surgery goes well. I wouldn't wish the pain of loss on my worst enemy. I lost my niece to blood cancer last Christmas, and my family was devastated by the loss. Hope you and the ones close to you are doing good through this

Oy...I am so sorry.

I am quite lucky and thankful that I caught this at stage 0/1 when it's quite dormant. I am almost certainly going to make it out alive.

I have a pre-op on Wednesday, and I will get my full treatment plan then.

Hugs all around.

Sorry to hear that, but good wishes all around it's great that it's caught in an early stage:twilightsmile:

I think I can even pitch in a bit with that plushle, if $20 or so would be all right.

The minimum payment is $50. I'd take anything, but the plushmaker set the instalment plan!

It's the thought that counts!

If the minimum payment is $50, then I could just send $20 to you via Paypal directly to your account, then you could use it to help pay for it. If you'll be interested, sent me a PM with the Paypal info I'll need to send it to you.

But regardless, good luck in their battle with cancer!

Just thinking of you. Hang in there, stage one is a good place to catch it. This old man is pulling for you Kid you have lots of friends out here.
B.D.

I'm so sorry that you're going through something like that I really hope but you do get better

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 46