Positive Ponies 3,471 members · 1,440 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I know that the character isn’t the most popular villain of MLP, but for me...he’s an absolutely awesome villain in more ways than one.

I love his sense of humor and personality, and Liev Schreiber did an incredible job voicing the character. Despite his lack of screen time in the film, I was able to immediately get to know who he is as a character in a way that I’m not sure anyone else was able to. Most seem to have interpreted him as some annoying man child, but me...I’ve always seen him as a laidback villain reminiscent to ones like James Woods’s Hades, as well as a terrorist who loves causing chaos, murder, and destruction wherever he goes out. In many ways, I also can’t help but find the Storm King to be an alternate reflection of myself. In this case, I’ve often seen him as a representation of what I would’ve been like or become had I not been blessed with wonderful friends and a loving family nor let Jesus come into my life. Plus, he was a blast to write for when I was working on “A King’s Grand Entrance” and has been a villain that I’ve wanted to work with more than once. Likewise, the possibilities of what to do when working with him are limitless.

He's the second funny villain besides Discord. Too bad Hasbro didn't reform him. Or he'd be a cool ally.

Honestly it’s better to not have all your villains reform. Certain villains can of course, but in the Storm King’s case it’s impossible.

Storm King was/is a ruler of a vast empire and he wants to rule everything. Now he is a tactical genius because to fund his war effort he treats the campaign in part as a merchant caravan. Ransack kingdoms and trading with others, specifically those willing to bow to him.

Like the Romans before him, the Storm King expanded his borders ruthlessly. It’s a matter of rampant ambition. Which is something friendship can’t fix

The Storm King was quite an underrated villain, in my opinion.

So that's why I said IF.

You didn’t say if; there is no “if” in the original response

Well I didn't say I said IF in the original response, but now there IS a IF.

I do like the Storm King. He like one of my top 5 favorite villain

He got killed instead of getting reformed, but I'm glad he stayed as a baddie.

There was one deleted scene in the my little pony friendship is magic movie that I really wish they had left in it shows storm King taking his scepter from an aged Scorpan which lead me to believe that Storm King is possibly the son of scorpan and nephew of tirek

Where’d you learn about that?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11