The Insane Creators Guild 638 members · 2,188 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Robipony
Group Contributor

Cyberpunk Equestria Story Contest

Hello everyone and welcome to the first (as far as I'm aware) Cyberpunk Equestria Story Contest. 

I started this contest with the desire to bring life to the Cyberpunk Equestria group as well as encouraging the creation of more cyberpunk stories here on FiMFiction. 

Now onto the rules. :pinkiesmile:

Rules

• Your story must possess cyberpunk elements. These can include: cybernetics, dystopian cityscapes, hacking, cyberspace, corporations controlling almost everything, robots, hovering vehicles, etc…
  • The story can be either a future or alternate universe of either Gen4 or Gen5, but must take place in Equestria. 
  • AUs and OCs are allowed, just be aware that the judges might not be aware of any worldbuilding/lore outside of what's in MLP.
  • The story must be SFW (Safe for Work). It can have implied sex, but no actual clop. Also NO foalcon and no incestuous pairings. 
  • Aside from the Fetish tag, all tags are acceptable.
  • Must have at least 2,500 words with the upper limit being 15,000 words.
  • It MUST be a new story and can't be one that you've already published.
  • When submitting your story, make sure you put it in the 2023 Cyberpunk Equestria Story Contest folder by midnight on June 1st 2023 and the story must be complete at that date.
  • You are allowed to post multiple entries, however only one may win a prize.
  • Have fun. 

The contest deadline is June 1st at midnight.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any. 

The judges are: Calmflame, Moproblems Moharmony, Short-tale.

They will be judging the story on:

• How well the story portrays the cyberpunk setting/elements.
  • How good the story is and how well the characters are depicted. 
  • How well the story is written.

There prizes are as follows:

• 1st Place: An art piece by Mutter Butter with Full shading, full body and background.
  • 2nd Place: A flat, full body art piece by Mutter Butter.
  • 3rd Place: A no color, full body art piece by Mutter Butter.

Here’s an example of Mutter Butter’s artwork:

Prompts:
So, I had some ideas buzzing around in my head and I figured I could throw them out there, potentially offering you all some inspiration that you could run with it. Of course, if you don't use these prompts that's totally fine too. 

• Takes place on an island resort or coastal town.
  • Takes place during a festival like Hearth's Warming or Nightmare Night.
  • Deals with an immortal’s day, how they adjust to the changes. Discord, Alicorns, etc.

And there you have it. Thank you all for reading the information on this contest. I look forward to seeing your entries. :twilightsmile:

-You can find this image: here.

Robipony
Group Contributor

Just figured I'd go ahead and give this a bump. :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2