Swapped Roles 196 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

RayneTheSkunk drew it for me as a favour. The reason why it depicts a Shining/Tempest roleswap is because back when I told the Fimfiction Discord server that I’d be running a contest, he said he wanted someone to write that.

neat! The Daring Do and Spitfire one actually looks really great ;)

Couldn't agree more.

Yeah. The art on the new banner looks great. In fact, the new banner even kind of gives me an idea; Maybe Shining lost his horn trying to protect Cadance and/or Twilight from an especially tough monster (he kept the force field up for a bit too long and the horn ended up shattering as a result) a few days before he would have entered the royal guard school. However, Cadance and Twilight clearly stick by him, allowing him to keep his spirits enough to train himself how to do things the hard way (i.e. without magic). As he learned how to handle things with just brains, courage and hard work (demonstrating a level of planning and preparation that would give Batman [or "Batmane" as he would be called in Equestria] a run for his money ESPECIALLY when trying to protect his family; something that would make him a surprisingly formidable foe against the likes of Chrysalis and Sombra), Shining becomes Cadance's bodyguard, and eventually, coltfriend (and husband even later on).

Fizzy Berrytwist still kept her horn, training herself to fire force blasts as powerful as 90 millimeter artillery shells would be in the real world, control the weather at the levels of two dozen well-trained pegasi and make her coat as hard as foot-thick reinforced steel. She entered the Royal Guard Academy when she was old enough (though still changing her name to "Tempest Shadow" as it sounded more badflank than her real name), but has a bit of a hard edge. While a loyal and brave officer in the Royal Guard, she is also unnecessarily strict toward her fellow guards and sometimes using excessive brutality on Equestria's enemies (basically being Equestria's female answer to Dirty Harry).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3