Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Lucky Seven
Group Admin

Sorry for that wait, I just had to keep everyone stressed, you know the drill! Without further ado, the next six finalists!

ChappedPenguinLips - Not every story has to reinvent the wheel to be great. The author does a great job using simple, casual situations and putting meaning behind those casual interactions and making them powerful. I like the unique perspective with Rainbow Dash’s and Spitfire’s interactions. Fairly predictable story but the characterization and emotion is all there and natural, and it’s not over-seasoned, is how I’ll describe it. Also, incredibly cute chapter title.

Soaring - A story that expands on relatable situations and gives them diversity through two different couples. Although the author’s focus was mainly on Pinkie and Rainbow Dash’s relationship issues, the author was able to utilize Spitfire’s character to help spark a solution that will help shape interaction to follow. There’s a lot of layers to this story, ones that help develop a lot of cute moments between the couples.

ChappedPenguinLips - Project Rita is one of the most daring and thought provoking story in matter of perspective and the way the author views and approaches the prompt. Notably it’s one of the few stories that addresses the end of a relationship to be a part of the primary relationship in the story. It does a fantastic job utilizing OCs and time warps and a fantasy reality that was a little tough to digest at its introduction but very quickly enthralled me. The grammar and formatting came off as a little tough or amateur at certain points but I’m a big believer in what’s said in the story, not the how. And what’s said is impactful, meaningful and daring. Excellent job.

Soaring - A heartfelt dark tale that follows the harsh reality of Vinyl’s loneliness and regret. The author carefully weaves each and every spark as Vinyl tries to find what happiness means, even if that means living an ideal alternate reality where she finally asks Octavia to be her marefriend.

ChappedPenguinLips - The author is obviously very talented. They have a great sense of characterization, of establishing themes that build on themselves, pacing and flow throughout the story. It was a story I honestly thought could be an episode, and overall very cute and a solid entry to this contest. The biggest drawback to this story however was how incredibly safe the idea was. It took zero risks, and while everything was done well, almost perfectly there was no pay off or anything left unpredictable. Still, a great entry, an enjoyable read.

Soaring - A very sweet and fluffy PinkieDash that shows how Rainbow Dash tries to deal with first date anxieties. Fortunately for her, the author has given her a cast to help her with her problem. Unfortunately for her, that cast also doesn’t know how to help her. For being short, the author has carefully crafted a tale that will easily put a smile on anyone who is a fan of the ship.

ChappedPenguinLips - Spitfire and Rarity is definitely not a pairing I’ve ever seen, but because of this story it’s the one thing I do want to see more of. I’ll get my one criticism out of the way early. It had tense issues and needed an editor. Which wasn’t something I was anticipating out of a HapHazred story. However, the characterization was great. The humor was light but enjoyable, and the well-paced, beautifully written and woven emotional story that was date night, that IS what I expect and love about a HapHazred story. Excellent job.

Soaring - An eloquent piece of writing that takes the challenge of writing a very close telling of Rarity’s blind date with Spitfire. As the story progresses, the two characters learn what being in love means and what that entails for the future of them both. Very tightly knit and compact, but strong with each and every interaction.

ChappedPenguinLips - Octavia and Vinyl are bank robbers. Really? Not interested yet? How about it’s a throwback to good Ol’ OctaScratch like University Days or a YourEnigma song. Yes, I think this entry is that good. It was a really ambitious entry with a lot of rough around the edges but the wit, quickened pace, and bold ideas and concepts in this story are captivating and emotionally investing. The pacing was good, not great. The characters he fixation is phenomenal and the undertones and themes of the story—while cliche—are greatly done. Vinyl individually is draw enough for this story and she’s a fantastic character. Some ideas are a little out of place and i feel the focus of the story misses sometimes but overall one of my favorite reads from an enjoyment standpoint.

Soaring - Have you ever wanted to read about two mare’s robbing banks and airships? With Vinyl and Octavia taking center stage, these two learn not only the dangers of dating while one of them is in a mafia family, but also learning how hard it is to escape one too. A very great page-turner that will keep any reader wondering what’s next.

Lucky Seven - A very cute friendshipping story, Dasher sets out to set up a relationship between Bon Bon and Lyra. Their meeting was absolutely adorable, and I loved getting a look into Bon Bon’s psyche during a change as big as moving to Ponyville and starting anew.

Soaring - A story that has a lot of impact by being told strictly through the lens of someone trying to start anew. Now left to her own devices in Ponyville, Bon-Bon has to figure out how to truly live a civilian life, even if it means having to find love in a place she feels so distant from.

Yep, I knew I wasn't gonna be in the top twelve. *shrugs* Oh well, I should've known better trying to compete againest better writers. Good luck to the rest of you guys/girls

Comment posted by LoveandEdify deleted Jul 21st, 2020

:fluttershyouch::fluttershysad::fluttercry::fluttershbad:

Oh well. This was fun for my first ever contest entry.

:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Well then, wasn't expecting that :U

Honored to make it this far and congratulations to everyone else! Looking forwards to seeing how this turns out no matter the outcome! Thanks for hosting and judging! ^^

Is it ok to lose my virginity now?

For being short, the author

I'd like to report a case of harassment from your judging committee. I will not stand for this size-ism.

It seems like such a small thing to worry about. Don't fall so short.

yeah, i remember that movie too

You homos should kiss already.

Lucky Seven
Group Admin

You're both disqualified :)

7278385 Not that it matters now but was there a ranking for the others stories as well or no? Is so, how close/far off was mine? I ask because I wish to imporve whatever caused mine to miss the top 12:heart:

I’ll get my one criticism out of the way early. It had tense issues and needed an editor.

Getting to final round of judging with a barely edited story be like:

oh well. A flutterjack story made it to the final twelve. I can always use more flutterjack.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16