Quarantine Writing Challenge (Open!) 31 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So this is the story I have been working on for this challenge and now that I have finished many of my other projects, I can now dedicate more of my time to it. However, there are a few changes from the original plans that I must mention.

1. While I had originally hoped to be doing one chapter's worth (around 2,000 words) a day, due to my busy work schedule (I work 4 ten hour shifts at my job), that doesn't seem to be possible. So I will instead be trying to do a chapter every week instead.
  2. I will still be trying to do 30 chapters, so that hasn't changed, though since there will be multiple endings, there will probably be more than 30. :derpytongue2:
  3. I will be using the following prompt lists: ABC Prompts, Halloweenish Prompts and A Kinda Chill October Prompt Challenge.

Now that I have established this, let me tell you all about the what the story is about.

Story
After her aunts mysterious death, Moondancer inherits an inn on the outskirts of the town of Hollow Shades. However, it soon becomes very clear that the inn's residents are anything but ordinary.

"Okay, let's see, where should I begin?

"Apparently after my aunt, Scrolldancer passed away she left her inn, the Slumbering Moon Inn, to me in her will. So with my original home in disrepair I decided to move there with my books.

"However I didn't expect for their to be guests there or for them to be so strange... Okay, maybe strange isn't the right word for it. They're monsters and their... kind of hot. Crap! This might be... difficult. Is it hot in here?"

So as you can guess, the residents of this inn are supernatural creatures and while Moondancer tries to learn more about the inn and her aunt's death, she must also interact with these residents. The fact that she finds their monstrous nature... exciting, opens the story for a combination of romantic and comedic moments. She will also be learning more about the town of Hollow Shades and its strange history.

In addition to this, Moondancer has a laptop, which allows her to talk with her friends (Twilight, Sweetie Drop, Spike, etc...) as well as the readers, as there will be a section where Moondancer will answer the readers' questions.

But I also wish to do some "crossover" chapters. These chapters are where characters from other stories that are a part of this group's Quarantine Challenge come to the inn as guests. Naturally I would be working with the authors of those stories to ensure that they make a good appearance in their crossover chapter. If you are interested in participating, please feel free to send me a PM, I would like to do 2-3 crossover chapters if possible, but that really depends upon how many people step forward.

Well, there you have it. Thank you all for reading this, I hope you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

mushroompone
Group Admin

Ooh, yay!!!

This sounds like an absolutely AWESOME fanfic! I'm super excited to get to keep up with it-- and one chapter a week suits my schedule just fine for reading live :twilightsmile:

Good luck with the challenge! I'm rooting for you!

7346523 I mean, I won't be releasing them right away. I currently only have the first chapter done. :twilightsheepish:

I will probably wait until I have most of the chapters done before I start releasing any of them.

7346523 Of course, if you would like to take up one of the crossover chapters, feel free to send me a PM. :pinkiesmile:

Is no one interested in doing a crossover chapter? That makes me sad. :fluttercry:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5