Fixing the Finale 169 members · 184 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
StarlightisVERYcute
Group Admin

Any story added should have at least one of the following criteria:

1. Rewrites the finale or epilogue
  2. Serves as a sequel to the finale or epilogue with the goal of correcting mistakes in at least one of them
  3. Serves as a prequel or other related story to one of #1 or #2

Here are some events commonly believed to be mistakes in the finale. It's not an exhaustive list, nor does everyone here necessarily think everything on this list is a mistake:

• Discord being Grogar/Grogar not being real
  • The Legion of Doom being characterized as more bloodthirsty than prior depictions
  • Petrifying the Legion of Doom after defeating them
  • Everypony being happy about this
  • Discord being allowed to choose their punishment after himself conducting the sting operation that started it all
  • Twilight ruling alone
  • Twilight's friends growing old
  • Twilight only seeing her friends once a moon
  • Introducing a new unicorn apprentice Luster Dawn, whether instead of another species, instead of building on Starlight or the Student 6, or something else
  • Shipping the mane 6
  • Shipping the mane 6 with the wrong ponies
  • No mention of the Legion in the finale

As you guys suggest more criteria or mistakes, I might add them here.

Please do not add stories to either The Ending of the End folder or The Last Problem folder. Instead, add them to one of the subfolders.

StarlightisVERYcute
Group Admin

You can add them yourself! Just put them in the right category. I haven't read any of the fics in question. Engineer is a rewrite, and Castling and Bizarre are sequels, yeah?

Ah, I see, I thought I can't add stories at all, but it actually works from the story page, not the group page.
Yup, correct for these three stories.

I find the guild banner humerious because Applejack is the only one who's wings and horn is hiddden.

I got a mistake suggestion X3

Celestia and Luna retiring despite no mention to it at all prior to the final season. :3

StarlightisVERYcute
Group Admin

Hahaha

That dates back to S9's premiere, not the finale. You might want to see this group

You know? I think my story is somewhat both a hybrid of a rewrite AND a sequel. But it's definitely more a sequel than a rewrite.

Also would 'Not reforming or trying to reform the trio' count as the second mistake, third or it's own?

I definetly added mine as soon as I found this.

Does the treatment of the Royal Sisters in the finale( one issue being as in how they fell flat on their faces badly again with just embarrassingly lose their magic and technically got captured TWICE and ultimately sidelined) count?
I mean.. Luna and Celestia should get to do just more than only just distract the trio and turn the POWERLESS trio to stone(that scene right there with the statue part just made the sisters look bad).

Comment posted by Splashtraveler47 deleted Dec 1st, 2020

I feel like the retiring thing is still a problem with the finale too in more ways than one. Like it applies to both the premiere and the finale(such as it turns out Discord pulled that iffy plan due to the retirement stuff)
Especially with the iffy sendoffs the sisters had gotten in the finale, certainly ending their rules on pretty bad notes.

I am working on a fixfic but it is a comic, i would like to have people to review it before i publish it on my social media. Is it ok if i make a thread to promote my discord server for it?

I have a sequel series set about halfway between TEotE and TLP I'm working on that focuses mostly on a young Flurry Heart going out to make friends, but it does deal with the "Legion of Doom/Trio" being in it and plenty of other things that I think could fall under the finale being "fixed". I don't leave out what happened in Ending of the End necessarily, but I do have some other elements that will help to make some sense of things like why Discord thought it would be a good idea to turn the Trio into stone, where the real Grogar is and so on. I don't want to give away too many details to avoid spoilers, but let me know if you think any stories from my series can qualify for this group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15