Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Miller Minus
Group Admin

Hey Entrants!

First a quick reminder: If you're looking for judge feedback for your story, here's what you need to know:

• Send me (or any of the judges) a PM requesting a review.
  • In the PM, make sure you specify whether you would like your review as a story comment or a PM.
  • Stories will be assigned a judge at random.
  • The top three stories are not eligible for judge feedback. Don't look at me like that. You'll get your commentary in the announcement blog post.

Now please see below for

ten facts about the first ten entries

• The total wordcount so far is 62,553 words. I'm not saying we're on our way to writing more words than Stephen King's IT, but I am saying that if we top 445,000 I will personally make a twitter account just to rub it in his stupid face.
  • Three stories have been featured! And not, like, blip in and out of the box in a couple hours featured. I'm talking mad featured. Featured for days. Well done, you three! Hopefully you didn't accidentally advertise the contest to someone who will end up winning out over you. That would suck!
  • Coming as a surprise to no-one, the only character starring in all three of the featured stories is Gallus. But who's keeping score?
  • Smolder and Ocellus star together in two of the ten entries, both of which are romance. These authors have fantastic taste.
  • Comedy is the most common genre so far, making up six of the ten entries.
  • There are currently no Dark, Horror, Tragedy, or Thriller stories. The Young Six collectively wipe their brows in relief. Even the one that's dead.
  • One entry was submitted by a first-time author! Shoutout to Hammerhead! Unless, of course, you're someone else in disguise, in which case I need you to return my shoutout and pay for shipping.
  • Profanity can be found in two of the ten entries. These authors will be receiving a bar of soap for their mouths and a high five for being so radical.
  • Aragon still hasn't joined this group. This has nothing to do with the entries. I'm just devastated is all.
  • Each story is so great. Seriously, you guys, thanks so much for submitting. These first ten stories are wonderful, and exciting, and funny, and the pure emotional connection I feel when I read them is honestly impossible to describe.
  • I haven't read any of them yet.

That's all for now! Cheers, everyone!

M-

Miller Minus
Group Admin

One last fact for the road: There is still almost three weeks left till the deadline shuts! That's plenty of time to finish that entry you're working on, or submit another one if you find yourself feeling bold.

Coming as a surprise to no-one, the only character starring in all three of the featured stories is Gallus. But who's keeping score?

Blue bird-judge is happy that blue bird-cat got into feature box. :derpytongue2:

• Send me (or any of the judges) a PM requesting a review.
  • In the PM, make sure you specify whether you would like your review as a story comment or a PM.
  • Stories will be assigned a judge at random.

Since judges are assigned at random, I presume we're supposed to request reviews after the contest, when it's been revealed who judged which story, right?

Or will these PM requests mean that judges may end up reviewing (but not necessarily judging) stories that they weren't originally assigned to?

Miller Minus
Group Admin

The only way to know which judge was assigned to your story is to request a review :raritywink:

Much appreciated for the shoutout! It's true that I'm a first time writer, never wrote fanfic in my life so I'm kinda nervous about it all! I also want to give a shoutout to Jack of Few Trades who's been writing the Gallus fanfic Set Sail and was advertising this Write Off (and wrote one of the entries) which eventually lead me to join.

Okay, got it. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7