FiM Will Live on FOREVER! 1,281 members · 20,862 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

If any of you guys here were to remake the story of the comic, especially to help it fit in line with the canonicity of the show, what would you change?

For me, I’d keep it as a prequel to “Magical Mystery Cure”, mostly since we haven’t exactly had enough time with Twilight as a unicorn more than an alicorn. However, I think the story itself would definitely need to be changed some, mostly because part of the story carries similarities with “The Return of Harmony” and “The Mean Six”, even though the latter was made much later.

But, what do you guys think?

7333671 Here are a few things minor and major I'd probably change:
1. Take out the misunderstandings caused by the changelings after the cave-in. It was cliche then and it was cliche when it was used in the show in "The Mean Six".
2. The mane six don't split up after making it out of the cave, instead mostly staying quiet while they work their way through the wilderness to reach the changeling kingdom.
3. Twilight fights Chrysalis as a distraction while the rest of the mane six rescue the CMC, paralleling Twilight's decision to go it alone in "The Crystal Empire".
4. Address that Twilight hasn't fully forgiven her friends for the events of the Royal Wedding despite knowing they're sorry, and this plays into her personal desire to get back at Chrysalis for everything.
5. Princess Luna joins the fight in Canterlot along with Spike and Celestia, Luna's complete absence from it makes even less sense than her unexplained absence from the royal wedding.
6. The Cutie Mark Crusaders get abducted individually at night after their camp out at Fluttershy's is a bust, and everyone notices to varying extents that all of Ponyville is acting weird.
7. The fate of that lovely little village Chrysalis found after the wedding is elaborated on, and the CMC at least are shown to be visibly distraught by it instead of it being treated like it's no big deal.
8. Chrysalis formally introduces herself when making her demands since she never revealed her name in the show when she made her debut.

I feel like the arc could have touched on how Luna felt that she essentially was sleeping while Equestria(especially her own sister) was in serious danger from the changelings. Like wouldn't she felt like she let Equestria down due to that?
Its kind of aggravating Luna brushed that aside honestly.
Hurts worse with she would never get to redeem herself from that part due to the changelings are reformed at the end of TWABA.

7333696 That could work too, factoring into her decision to join the fight to defend Canterlot and setting up the nightmare forces arc as she starts to realize she has to face her demons.

I feel like I would change the Nightmare Forces to be like a product of Luna's inner dark powers rather than happen to be some dark force out of nowhere happening to find Luna has its unlucky victim to take advantage of.
The comic arc and Nightmare Rarity was interesting but the only big issue I have is the whole Nightmare Forces thing(specifically with what I said above, just some dark force out of nowhere with Luna just happen to be one of its hosts it takes advantage of instead of it being like part of Luna's potential with darkness and such)

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Not to mention the story of “Nightmare Rarity” was pretty similar to “Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep” in many ways.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Would you be interested in building a remake based on your ideas? As well as pitching it to Allspark one day?

7333772 Building a remake based on my ideas, sure. But I have little reason to believe Allspark or any company would even acknowledge a fan rewrite.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

What makes you think they wouldn’t?

7333791 When has any company ever officially acknowledge a fan made rewrite/redo of any official product, no matter how well received it is?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Good point. Although not everyone has counted comics as canon, and it certainly would be nice to see how Equestria came to know the name of the queen of changelings.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

What about creating a remake of the story as a fanfic? Would you be interested in doing that?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Out of curiosity...are you familiar with Entertainment One?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I was just wondering. It’s an entertainment company that was acquired by Hasbro back in 2019, the purpose being so that they could be Hasbro’s new all-time production arm.

Comment posted by A Man Undercover deleted Jul 26th, 2021

I agree on that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19