FimFiction Feghoot Festival 106 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Super Trampoline
Group Admin

Either in our Discord Server, in the comments below, or via PM here on FimFiction, these 8.5 editors have agreed to make themselves available for the express purpose of helping you, the contestant, write the best feghoot(s) possible! So, without further ado, in reverse follower-count order, here are the editors!

The Editors:

• Lofty Withers: Foremost, I am interested in pre-reading and providing feedback on what worked or didn't work for me, leaving it to authors to interpret and respond as they wish. Next, I'd be glad to help an author on content editing if we both think I could help. Finally, I can help with copy editing or proofreading, again if we both think I could help.
    "Do whatever is needed" - copy editing feedback after manual review of several suggested edits
    "You've helped me plenty" - content editing feedback
    own writing - contest entry draft
    own writing - unpublished excerpt from an unrelated WIP
    If you'd like me to look at something, PM me on FimFiction or find me in the #writing-help channel on FimFiction's discord server.
  • Mike Cartoon Pony: Mike Cartoon Pony first discovered MLP after seeing the 2017 Movie, and following a 2-month binge of the series, he's been hooked on all things FiM ever since. While he has only been absorbing Pony fanfic for a year and a half, he has engaged in fanfiction for other franchises before (mostly Powerpuff Girls), and sought to produce content outside clichéd fanfiction parameters and above the normal quality threshold. Hence when he discovered Pony fanfic, he was beyond elated at the professional quality present in so many works. As an editor, he will strive to provide proofreading and editing feedback in equal measure. Mike's quite eager to edit some small-scale fics before delving into bigger projects later down the line. He'll do all he can to elevate your story to a higher quality, whilst having fun along the way. This is MLP, after all. Friendship Is Magic, and so is Editing too.
  • Sherry_A_H: My name is Sherry_A_H, formerly Rainfall_Burst and I'm a hobby editor. I grew up bilingual (German and English) and hope to one day get a job as an editor/ translator or become an author myself. I hope I can be of asistance to write some magic.
  • Jay Bear v2: Jay Bear v2 is the author of six EqD-featured stories including We’re Eggspecting!, which was selected for the Royal Canterlot Library in May. He’s happy to be an editor and prereader for the FimFiction Feghoot Festival. Outside of FimFiction, Jay has been a member of various creative writing groups for fifteen years, all of which taught him that “write drunk, edit sober” is advice he should take only half-literally. His reading and writing interests include sci-fi, fantasy, science non-fiction, mysteries, historical fiction about Abraham Lincoln, and anything with puns. While he thought it’d be funny to write this biography in the form of a feghoot, he now realizes it was an idea he should have forsworn seven beers ago.
  • Sixes_And_Sevens: Hi, I'm Sixes_And_Sevens. As far as my editing style goes, my main focus lies in making the dialogue and descriptions powerful and flowing, as well as recognizing and avoiding cliches. Examples of my editing abilities are unfortunately limited, as most of my prior experience has been centered around scholastic pursuits, and most of the resultant work was never published. I did help to adjust the prologue and epilogue of this story. My work as an author may also be a helpful reference -- Growing Pains or Call of Cthulestia are probably the two best examples, should you wish to consult them. Comedy and genre fiction are probably my strongest areas, but I'm flexible enough to deal with other types of story as well. I have a well-developed vocabulary, though I do say so myself, and a strong appreciation for wordplay of all types. I try to offer deeper explanations when giving criticism.
  • FloydienSlip: Hello, I'm FloydienSlip. I've been in this fandom since late 2012, and in that time I've read quite a lot (and written a little bit). I was formerly a member of both The Proofreader Group and WRITE, working on stories there. Recently, I have been editing for Lise Eclaire in their efforts at original fiction, namely Quod Olim Erat and its sequel, The Scuu Paradox.

I focus on both proofreading and editing. Below is an incomplete list of stories I've worked on here on Fimfiction:

• Lack of Tact: I'm Lack of Tact, and contrary to my name, I consider myself tactful when it comes to writing.

When I first started out, aside from school—which I faired very poorly in English literature—I never bothered with spelling or tenses, just wanted to push stuff out. Now, however, I realize that simply isn't right. While I'm baby-butt new to the editing scene, I consider myself someone with experience due to trial and error; the only thing I went to college for was mixology using that experience, I'm willing to help any new to the written word!

• Shrink Laureate: I will hurt your feelings. I will make damned sure you get the punctuation right, fix the typos, and rework the words that just don't make sense. As such, you probably want me a late-stage proofreader, after other editors have already helped you with the wishy washy artistic stuff.

I'm the author of Princess Celestia's Private Library and Log of the UNS Twilight Sparkle; stories I've helped to edit for other people include Good Trooper Gilda, Aporia and A Scratch on Shining Armor. I recently ran a competition of my own based on randomised prompts, which produced some very good results.

Emergency Editor (Only contact if other editors are all busy):

• Pascoite (will not be judging any stories he edits): Pascoite is a story reviewer, editor, author, and general rat bastard. He enjoys primarily writing in the drama, sad, and cute genres and has been a proponent of feghoots for years, even writing one or two. As is appropriate for this contest, he is an incorrigible punster, so please don't incorrige him.
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1