FimFiction Feghoot Festival 106 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Super Trampoline
Group Admin

Really want to be a judge? PM Super Trampoline!

Let's Meet the Judges!

Every story will be read by at least four judges to ensure balanced results, and I'm expecting a lot of entries, so I've recruited a lot of judges! So, without further ado, let's meet the contest judges! Contest judges listed by reverse follower count. This is subject to change, but close to the final arrangements

Judges:

1. AndrewRogue: Here is a guy. He writes words. Sometimes they are good words.
    [Organizer's Note: AndrewRogue is one of the top medal winners over at Writeoff.me.]
  2. TheJediMasterEd:
    The Jedi Master Ed, a legendary creature rumored to have been seen in remote parts of FimFiction, has recently been proven to be a Himalayan brown bear.
    [Organizer's Note: Yes, he was the only person to include a picture in his bio.]
  3. Inquisitor M: (Bio forthcoming)
    [Organizer's Note: Inquisitor M was a last minute addition, so he has not submitted a short bio yet, but you can see here he is an excellent story analyst.]
  4. Chris: Since joining the fandom in early 2011, Chris has a little bit of writing, a whole lot of reading, and a frankly ridiculous amount of reviewing. Between his fanfic review blog and the Royal Canterlot Library, he's reviewed over 1500 pieces of fanfiction! But now comes his ultimate challenge: judging a whole bunch of jokefics without burning out. Can he do it?

Eh, we'll see.

5. xjuggernaughtx: I'm a (kinda, sorta) critically-acclaimed author here at Fimfiction.net, authoring such stories as The New Crop, Resolution, and Cheerilee's Thousand. There's nothing that brings joy to my life like feghoots and awful puns, the more groan-inducing, the better. I'm hoping to walk away from your story with a mixture of disgust and grudging admiration for the splendidly painful ways you've chosen to end them.
    [Organizer's Note: The exes are silent.]
  6. Sharp Spark: Sharp Spark writes stories occasionally, but has mostly retired from the pony fandom. She is guilty of inflicting at least three separate feghoots onto unsuspecting Writeoff audiences.
    [Organizer's Note: She also wrote an exceptional musical reimagining of Heart of Darkness. And also is fun to solve escape rooms with. I'm getting off topic, aren't I?]
  7. Rambling Writer: A comedy writer who has no clue how to write comedy. I write other sorts of stuff, too. Like a would-be burglar biting off far more than she can chew, or bounty hunters chasing a necromancer across a frozen wasteland, or a mason befriending Princess Celestia. I write a lot of different kinds of stuff, is what I'm saying.
    [Organizer's Note: Rambling Writer has written the top two highest-rated comedy stories on this site.]
  8. DrakeyC: DrakeyC began writing fanfiction in 2004, and started writing pony fanfiction in 2013. He sticks to no particular genre as inspiration takes him, but comedy is his personal favorite, with The Princess and the Reaper and Cutie Mark Crusader Magicians, Yay! as standouts. He's also the creator of Filly Fantasy VI, a Final Fantasy VI romhack that ponies and rebalances the game. His current project is the Yu-Gi-Oh crossover Duelists of the Friendship Cup.
  9. Aquaman: Aquaman has been in the pony fandom almost since it began in late 2010, which serves as evidence of both significant experience within the fanfiction community and exceptionally poor judgement. His writing-related credentials include getting grandfathered into the Equestria Daily pre-readers before they actually developed standards for who they let in, writing several contest-bait fics in 2013 and 2014 in a desperate and inferiority-complex-driven attempt to beat Cold in Gardez at something, actually beating Cold in Gardez at something that one time, and most recently writing a screenplay for Everfree Northwest that won a contest and got performed by show VAs in a super-secret ceremony that no one's ever allowed to see again. Also, he's doing a Bookstore at BronyCon or some such thing, which you should definitely visit and/or financially justify the existence of in August.
  10. Pascoite: Pascoite is a story reviewer, editor, author, and general rat bastard. He enjoys primarily writing in the drama, sad, and cute genres and has been a proponent of feghoots for years, even writing one or two. As is appropriate for this contest, he is an incorrigible punster, so please don't incorrige him.
  11. Skeeter The Lurker: I am the one who reads.

I am also the one who signs all his comments to the chagrin of a few. I've also been here for a good chunk of time and gained the eye for a good story. S'bout it. Good luck and write on, people.

~Skeeter The Lurker
    [Organizer's Note: Skeeter The Lurker will only be judging the final round of the contest due to time constraints, but is otherwise eager to read your feghoots!]

12. iisaw: iisaw is the author of The Celestia Code (a Royal Canterlot Library inductee) and many other exquisitely adequate pony fics. Meanwhile, in the real world, he is an animator, VFX artist, medical analyzer technician, and has even had some small* success in the writing trade. He absolutely loathes terrible puns and feghoots and can quit enjoying them any time he wants to. Honest.
    -------------
    * Microscopic, if we're being truthful.
  13. PaulAsaran: I never thought feghoots essential. They're crude, and unspeakably plain. But maybe they've a glimmer of potential when allied with some vision and brains.

I am PaulAsaran, whom you may know for my weekly review blog that has been running uninterrupted for a few years now and which can be spotted in the wilds of FIMFiction in the form of my "You can has review!" calling card. Barring that, you might recognize me as the author of such stories as Bulletproof Heart, the Generosity series or, if you've been here long enough, Of Angels and The Gentle Nights: Audience of One.

But for the purposes of this contest, I am to it what Applejack was to the S7 episode Honest Apple. I'm not particularly fond of feghoots, but I am fond of quality writing, so much so I can easily ignore what the story is in favor of how it is written. Good luck, authors, and know that whatever I read for this contest will be going into my review blog eventually.
    [Organizer's Note: My sincere apologies to Paul for neglecting to include him on this list when first published. Major slip up on my part. Paul is a great reviewer and I'm thrilled he's joining us.]

14. B_25: I am the second letter of the alphabet.
    [Organizer's Note: As far as I can tell, B_25 is the most prolific Spike writer in the fandom.]
  15. Titanium Dragon: TD got sucked into the pony fandom in 2013 and finished binge-watching the first three seasons just in time to get in arguments about how awesome Twilight becoming an alicorn was and how much Applejack and Rarity need to kiss. Since then, he has been drawn into the fanfiction community, and despite his initial resistance to writing fanfiction, has written over 30 stories, the most famous likely being two stories centered around the relationship between Twilight and Celestia - The Stars Ascendant and Forever and Again and Again - as well as the popular comedy Dying To Get There and The Collected Poems of Maud Pie.

As a reviewer, he has reviewed over 1000 stories, and looks forward to reading the next 2,282 stories on his read later list.

16. Present Perfect: Present Perfect is the fandom's biggest waste of time most prolific reviewer of My Little Pony fanfiction. He is also a writer of fanfiction, a co-curator of the Royal Canterlot Library, a pre-reader for Equestria Daily and a fanfiction audiobook reader.
  17. Majin Syeekoh: [Organizer's Note: Majin Syeekoh asked me to write a biography on his behalf. Here it is:] Once upon a time, Super Trampoline started writing random comedies. Another FimFiction author, Majin Syeekoh, also wrote random comedies, but he was better at it and became much more popular. Super Trampoline became jealous, and considered Majin Syeekoh his arch-rival, although it was a one-sided affair. However, when they finally met at BronyCon 2017, they discovered they both had a predilection for Haywaiian shirts, and can you really stay mad at a guy who loves Haywaiian shirts? I sure can’t. Thus the rivalry was ended, and in its place stood a feeling of mutual respect. Or something like that. As one of the site’s masters of (often bizarre) comedy, I am excited to have Majin Syeekoh as a judge, even if I still can’t spell his name.
  18. Masterweaver: In the unholy depths of the Imaginarium resided the goddess of despair, pouring melancholy and depression onto all the artists of the realm. Brave warriors took up arms against the witch, but always her aura of sorrow and pain forced them to drop their blades, and her power inflicted writer's block on all who would craft stories. But one teller of tales, one bard of awesomeness, stayed behind; he took ancient and untouched swords to his smith and forged them together, creating a great zweihander that gleamed in the firelight and stood taller than the house of a wealthy man. For seven months he dragged his weapon closer to the witch, who had taken the throne of the Imaginarium, and one day he finally struggled to lift it upright. As with all others who had challenged the witch, he succumbed to despair, but his sword did not drop with him--nay, its great bulk fell upon the witch, splitting her in twain and sending her crown flying. In the end, as hope returned to the realm, one truth became clear: only the weapon of Masterweaver had the mass to reave her.
    [Organizer's Note: :facehoof:]
  19. Cynewulf: Cynewulf has had a year long hangover after a wonderfully creative few years. She enjoys long walks off a short pier, explaining things, and volunteering when asked. You can find her things by putting her name in the search for users, and there are like almost a hundred stories there.
    [Organizer's Note: I know as organizer, I should remain impartial, but I'm partial to Cynewulf because she's a real sweetheart and you should go follow her.]
  20. Totallynotabrony: totallynotabrony is the author of 145 stories totalling over two million words, and is no stranger to a good feghoot. This will be totallynotabrony's third appearance as a contest judge and he is looking forward to what the community has in store.
    [Organizer's Note: Tnab, DustyPwny, and I wrote a shitty (mostly because of me) collab before the first BABSCon. I'm not going to link to it, because it's not very good. I'm not entirely sure why I mentioned it.]
  21. Andrew Joshua Talon: Andrew Joshua Talon has been a fanfiction writer for nearly twenty years, writing in fandoms from Poke'mon to Cartoon Network's Golden Age. He is best known in the My Little Pony community for Progress, Hands, and Beating the Heat. Despite slowing down with the fandom he is still a steadfast Brony and eagerly looking forward to the future of the franchise after Season 9's conclusion.
  22. Regidar: Regidar has been writing MLP fanfiction and been heavily involved in the FimFiction community since discovering the series in 2012. In this seven year span he has written and published over 175 stories covering a wide variety of topics—from comedy, horror, slice of life, drama, and experimental writing. He has also had the opportunity to speak on several writing panels at various conventions, as well as had multiple of his works adapted into audio dramas. While all of this has come at the cost of higher education and a social life, he wouldn't have it any other way.
  23. Ocalhoun: Also known as Dirty Little Secret, ocalhoun is a professional writer from Washington, working on a degree in creative writing. While most of his fame and 'fortune' comes from writing horsewords, he also writes furry fiction, has published short stories on the way to a novel, and unsuccessfully writes screenplays.
  24. Tatsurou: [Organizer's Note: Tatsurou asked me to write a biography on his behalf. Here it is:] Some authors have a niche. For me, it's shitfics. For Tatsurou, it's crossovers. If there's a popular franchise, chances are he's written a long crossover involving it. I'd dare even call him the king of crossovers! Indeed, if you sort crossover stories by number of upvotes, his stories appear eight times on the first page of results--far more than anypony elses'. That's an impressive feat, and I'm glad to have him as a contest judge.
  25. chief maximus: Hi! I started writing for pones way back in 2011, and its been a fun ride ever since. I've written a few comedies in my heyday, most famous of which being the "A Pony Walks Into A Bar" series. All my other fics are on my user page, but even before writing for MLP, I was writing for a variety of fandoms, and still write for some on occasion. Any other questions can be directed towards my inbox!
  26. ROBCakeran53: When I'm not drinking, writing MLP fan fiction, or watching reruns of Johnny Carson, I'm working on my own cars, and tinkering with outdated electronics slash mechanics like tube radios and typewriters respectively. I work at a non-commercial airport as a line service technician, but am working towards my Air frame and Power plant maintenance license so that I can work on airplanes. I'm horribly outdated when it comes to modern times, like media and maymays, but I try to at least play video games when I'm able (Centipede is still an eternal struggle).
    [Organizer's Note: He's loath to admit it, but he also wrote My Little Dashie. Maybe you've heard of it.]
  27. Chengar Qordath: Chengar Qordath has been writing My Little Pony fanfiction since 2012, shortly after he became a fan of the show. He has published 48 stories totaling over 2.5 million words and touching on just about every genre, from lighthearted romantic comedy to horror, plus one story that was a romantic comedy/horror genre mashup. His most notable works include:
    My Little Denarians
    The Life and Times of a Winning Pony
    The Lunar Rebellion
    The Freeport Venture
    That's not even counting the inevitable sequels, prequels, and side-stories that have inspired or spawned off from those larger works.
  28. Wanderer D: Wanderer D has been accused of many things, only a few of which are verifiable:
    I.E. yes, he once dodged a bridge while riding on top of a bus, but no, he did not—actually—invent nylon.
    He's been part of the community since 2011, and a Moderator for Fimfic since 2012. He is mostly known for being mean and not suffering fools, writing the occasional guide, The Empty Room, The Sweetie Chronicles, Ranger, Gunsmoke, and The Three Sisters series. He's totally into Sunset Shimmer, and is totally not dreading seeing what you write.
  29. BronyWriter: BronyWriter has been writing on FimFiction for almost seven years, which is crazy to him. His best known works are the Non-Bronyverse and the Killer Rarityverse. Overall, he's had a blast in the past almost decade writing all of this bonkers pony stuff.
  30. Shaenon K. Garrity: Shaenon K. Garrity is a cartoonist and writer best known for the webcomics Narbonic and Skin Horse. Her first graphic novel, Willowweep Manor, with artist Chris Baldwin, will be out in fall 2020. She lives in Berkeley with a cat, a man and a boy. You can see a whole lot of her work at shaenon.com.
    [Organizer's Note: Skin Horse is tied for my favorite webcomic, and Shaenon's writing partner on that is the ineffable Skywriter, one of the best authors on this site. I highly recommend you check it out.]
  31. Pen Stroke: Author of the famous/infamous Past Sins, Pen Stroke has been part of the MLP:FiM community since mid-season 1. He has contributed over thirty stories of the fandom, totaling over a million words over the years. You'll find few who are as practiced at writing Zecora dialogue, or who have attempted to write a musical into fanfiction. Still, as Fimfiction's long-standing most-followed author, it's hard to argue with Pen's experience when it comes to horse words.

You weren't kidding when you said you were getting "a lot" of judges! I personally really like a few of the people you have on this list, and they all seem like pretty decent folk. Thirty judges and (including one of the judges) nine editors, not bad!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2