Isekai Fan Group 78 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

So this is a story idea, I have been thinking of for a while now and I thought that I would share it and then see if you all could come up with an intriguing power for the protagonist of the story that fits both the world/plot but isn't too powerful or stupid. So here goes.

The concept is that one day, Twilight Sparkle receives a package from an old friend of hers, Moondancer, who has been missing for the past 2 years. Upon reading the letters, Twilight learns of what happened to Moondancer. The story then shifts to Moondancer's perspective as it is revealed that she accidentally traversed to another world and broke the door that would bring her back. Now she has to work off her debt in order to fix the door. As she works at a cafe, she notices that some of the monsters are starting to express romantic interest in her.

While Moondancer goes on a couple dates with 3-5 monsters, she learns about the world and secretly searches for a way to return home. In this world (which is slightly inspired by the Monsters Inc universe), due to a past war with an invading alien race and a plague that wiped out most of the monster females (including their queen).

However, I considering that this is kind of an isekai in its own weird way, I was trying to think of a unique ability/power that Moondancer might have gained upon entering this world. So going off of the information above, can any of you think of an ability that she might have that would fit the setting while also not being too overpowered? :pinkiesmile:

EDIT: The story concept has been changed. Originally the thought was that Moondancer was abducted, however I decided to change that, now she just happened to go there by accident.

Still looking for a unique ability to give Moondancer.

Hmm.... A ability that lets her manipulate the creatues (to like keep them at bay from what could happen) though it would be limited

7077338 Well, aside from the whole abduction thing, most of the monsters don't have any ill intent toward her.

GamePlayer64
Group Admin

So... a Tamer?

7077349 I'm still not too sure what people mean by tamer. :applejackunsure:

GamePlayer64
Group Admin

A Tamer is a Job Class where the being can tame monsters to be their allies. Here’s a link to an Isekai Manga that’s one of my favorites. A human reincarnated who created his own army of slimes.
http://mangakatana.com/manga/kamitachi-ni-hirowareta-otoko.20080
Enjoy

GamePlayer64
Group Admin

Check out the link I put in my last comment

7077338 The thing is these monsters are on par mentally with ponies, so I'm not too sure tamer works, just going off of that description.

Of course, that isn't to say we couldn't put a twist on it, that could make it work and maybe a little more interesting. :raritywink:

Well, I like the concept.

What I would suggest is the power to 'blend in' or be 'unnoticeable'. Basically taking from how everyone in the show seemed to ignore her as long as she ignored them and turning it into either a conscious or unconscious power where only those she interacts with or those with a very strong will will notice her.

7077957 That could be interesting.

7077579 Some form of mind control/alteration ability could be interesting. Could fit the whole "tamer" theme too.

7088749 Hello?

Do you have any more thoughts on this discussion?

I don't have... Too long since last response

I edited the original post. I am still looking for a good isekai ability to use.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18