Sci-Flashlight 61 members · 103 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Hi everyone,

So, at around the time Legend of Everfree came out, I thought that human!Twilight was too needy to be shipped with anyone, and I actually thought of shipping Flash with someone else for a while. However, thanks to a certain fan creator, I ultimately decided to stick with this ship. The fact that SciTwi got over her problems definitely helped.

However, prior to becoming a SciFlashLight writer, I was honestly pretty okay with Flash getting shipped with Sunset. However, after becoming a SciFlashLight writer, I can't even look at FlashShimmer art without feeling pain. Ow. :fluttershyouch: The weirdest side effect to becoming a SciFlashLight writer, however, is the fact that I get FlashShimmer vibes from songs about guys singing about girls who aren't as invested in a relationship as they are. Here let me give examples:

I don't dislike Sunset, but she started coming off as a bit of a taker/heartbreaker after I started writing SciFlashLight fics. I don't know why she started giving me that vibe. Maybe it's her temper or her abrasiveness or her overall edgy demeanor.

I don't know. Has this ship ruined other ships for you guys?

I don’t mind sunflash. The problem I have with it are two fold however. One is the fans. They will present this ship as fact with out any backing of it being official and will say that you are wrong for thinking other wise. The second is that them getting together requires a level of maturity and respect the show can pull off. Off are they would have just ducktaped the two together without diving I to why they broke up or the feelings they feel now.

I rather see them as friends who support each other in here endeavors. But Flashshimmer fans will jump at anything to say there right.

And that weird thing where I get taker/heartbreaker vibes from Sunset? :applejackunsure: I'm pretty sure I didn't start getting vibes like that before I started writing SciFlashLight.

Me: Flashy, Sunset was a taker. You need a giver. (unsubtly gestures to SciTwi)
Spot the reference; get a cookie.

I don’t see sunset like that. I do believe they can Be best friend and I would like it if they were if the mindset of “let’s nit ruin this now”

I mean, I know YOU don't. At the same time, I can't help but wonder why I'm getting them. :applejackunsure: Also, are you going to try for that cookie or not?

Honestly, I always preferred it if Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry were just friends, like how I'm doing it in my story.
And to be honest, I'd only say Sunset would be a Taker if she was back in her Queen Bee "Rule the School" mode. Not how she is now.

Also, this ship ruined SciSet for me. Then again I was never really sold on the idea of Sunset Shimmer and Sci-Twi getting together unless it was an AU where Equestria and Princess Twilight didn't exist, essentially making Sci-Twi the only Twilight, and Flash Sentry wasn't around.

Oh, I guess you didn't see the edit that I added to my comment. Whoops. :twilightsheepish:

Sunset and Flash are on friendly terms in my stories also, which is why I'm so weirded out that whenever I try to imagine her together with Flash, I get heartbreaker vibes from her. :applejackconfused: It's like I can't imagine Flash getting what he needs out of a relationship with Sunset.

Maybe it's like what happened with Newt Scamander and Leta Lestrange. They had something once, but Leta did something that ruined it. Then, Leta changed for the better, but by then, Newt had already fallen for Tina Goldstein.

I think I got it.
You're so in love with this ship that whenever you try to imagine one of the characters with any other character, you just can't see it working out. Which is also one of the problems I have with SciSet.

Also, what story or fanfic are you talking about?

Are you talking about one of my stories or Newt, Leta, and Tina? Because if you can guess where the three of them are from, you get a cookie. If you can't, well, see below.

Fantastic Beasts movie series

The latter. And I never watched those movies so of course I wouldn't recognize their names.

I'm going to be honest here, I prefer Sci-Flashlight then Sunflash, Timberlight, and Sunlight.

Put TwiChips in front of TimberLight, and you'd have my order of preference. Yes, TwiChips is totally a thing now. :twilightsmile:

Honesty my one condition for if sunflash is canon is if we get twichip. They are cute together and a way better couple

I forget about that one but yeah.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16