E.R.A 377 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Over the years, I've frequently taken note of the hate people have expressed towards various aspects of MLP: FiM's 8th & 9th seasons, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. Recently, though, it came to my attention that they're the exact kind of opinions I have about Sony Picture Animation's first feature film: Open Season!

For instance, the times people have said that Discord isn't worthy of forgiveness or friendship after his appearances in both seasons, and that he hardly did anything to make up for his actions, is exactly how I felt about Elliot the Deer in "Open Season". The occasions where many commented that the morals and lessons of the "The Ending of the End" are openly toxic and questionable is how I felt about the morals and lessons of "Open Season". And the times where people commented that Sombra's characterization and portrayal in "The Beginning of the End" was completely over-the-top and cringy...is how I felt about Shaw in "Open Season".

I mean, if anyone wants to check out my review of "Open Season", especially in order to get a better idea of where I'm coming from with this, you can. It's just a matter of clicking on my username and scrolling through my blog. The only reason I wanted to tell you guys this is because of how funny and ironic my opinions on the film are similar to however many hated certain elements of Seasons 8 & 9.

Any comments on this?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1