The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So we both enjoy MLP FiM, and Disney movies. And what better way to enjoy them both than reading stories where both our favorite characters come together to experience the thrill and the magical storytelling Walt Disney himself had left behind, together with the magic of friendship from our little Equestrian heroes?

Dinodisneylover1 answered that question when he started the Disney Chronicles series, with The Disney Chronicles I: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Dinodisneylover1 has made it clear. His mission was to create stories of MLP FIM/Disney crossovers, from the Disney classics to the modern in chronological order.

But in truth, there's only one of him, and so many stories to write, with many ideas to execute, so many potentially good concepts that deserved to be revived in a way (Ex. Music in Your Soup from Snow White), and clever references to make like with Pinocchio and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

This group was founded so that all of us who've followed the Disney Chronicles can pitch in, share our ideas, and assist in the creative writing of the Disney Chronicles with Dinodisneylover1 in this long journey.

After all, Walt Disney himself didn't became a success alone. He had his Nine Old Men from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and together they've all became Disney Legends. Now, we will do the same again for Dinodisneylover1.

We are the writers, we are the editors, we are the proofreaders, and we are a team. And this group is our HQ. This is the first page of our stories.

I agreee wholeheartily my good man.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

6604389 I'm always willing to lend support with ideas and such

I support this in my own way; since Dino was the one to inspire me to do my React story of Disney and MLP.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

I'll support as well.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

I will faithfully stand by all of you!

So, we create stories with MLP/Disney crossovers?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Yes, but specifically for this series Dinodisneylover1 started.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Even though I've only just been introduced to this series for no more than a few weeks and while at least one story is 'clearly' far from finished, based on everything I've read up to this point I see great potential in this 'Disney Chronicles'. As a kid, before we had DVDs and blu rays, I had tons of VHS tapes from nearly 'all' the Disney Theatrical Features at the time and it would be a collection that kept growing and growing until I decided to go with the times and get blu rays because let's face it... Nobody uses VHS players anymore. As for this MLP business, I used to watch 'My Little Pony Tales' in the 90s, I had seen the original 80s movie with Danny DeVito, and I even saw some of the early renditions around that time period (Including 'Rescue at Midnight Castle' with Sandy Duncan) but I wasn't really much a fan at the time. But as I got older, I soon stumbled upon the recent rendition, 'Friendship is Magic' and after seeing the first few episodes I grew an attachment to the series. And as more and more seasons were produced, I've grown attached to these characters, relating to their struggles, inspired by their ideals, and even felt pity for a former villain when everyone else was saving 'she' shouldn't have been saved in the first place or even deserves it. But that's how much the show impacted me: It made me 'care'.

Now to get a little idea of what kind of person I am, there are a few things to know: I am a Critic, meaning I will give opinions based on whether I like or dislike something but only because I hope that by sharing my thoughts it pushes potential artists to be better. I am an Actor, I've been in dozens of productions since the 8th Grade so I'm used to being in front of people and putting on an act whether it's singing, acting, dancing, or all at once (Depends on the show). I am a Writer, as you can imagine this is what I enjoy doing as I constantly work with other people on their projects and on my off time I do my own materials in hopes they'll be adapted for movies or television. So in sharing this tiny piece of information about myself this group has an idea of what to expect of me. I sincerely hope from this moment forth, wherever The Disney Chronicles go from here, I am confident that it will be a lasting experience that continues to bring two fandoms together as one.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hey it's all good. We can always use the extra support. Maybe if your strength is not in writing, maybe you are specialized in other fields.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Thus far, The Disney Chronicles has been rather quiet ever since the last update with 'Fantasia'. Dino said time and time again he was working on it, but only because I feel people keep pestering him so much about how far he's gone. To my understand, he wastes his 'time management' answering the same repetitive questions he's focusing on what he doesn't have to do than what he should be spending 20% of his livelihood to get the 80% satisfaction of a successful job (Or at least what I learned from a business seminar at work this morning). I do not know for sure how long it'll be till 'all' of Fantasia is done or where the series goes after that, all I know is that there is still a story to be told and I'm anxious to see where it goes. So I try to keep myself as busy as possible until the time comes to both read the latest update and eventually getting down to reviewing the material.

As far as reviews goes, at least I got my own blogs to cover the current and final season of MLP. Though it's tough to swallow what I have to do in response to last weekend's episode... Oooh boy.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

6956778 I know how Dino feels. I myself am constantly dealing with angsty fans pestering and harassing me about when I'll update my stories. And constantly asking me all these stupid questions. Like I finish a story on a cliffhanger to lead to a sequel. And people ask me if I am doing a sequel. I'm tired of spelling everything out for people who can't read between the lines.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A seemingly frustrating journey with no end. Makes you wonder how all the big time authors had to put up with all of that, almost takes the joy out of writing. I'd like to think if a story is coming, it's posted when it's ready. Maybe if their fortunes were reversed and they see the situation from the other side, then perhaps they'd be smart enough to realize there's a time and place for when questions matter... And there's a time to just keep your mouth 'shut' and let the artists do their job.

I don't know, sometimes it's like we have to listen to school children.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

6956884 Indeed we do. Especially if they don't know a series at all and just read whatever and pester you with questions about why is this like that or who is this character

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Amen on that one man. Well, at least until I wait for something new to come up for the Chronicles is that there's plenty of threads to put up. Course by the time I get to the movies yet to be released into theaters, that's going to be rather tricky as to where my contributions for the group goes from here.

well, we all had to start from somewhere.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Of course, all things have a beginning. And at the same time, all things eventually lead to the end. Fortunately, so long as Disney is still making movies, I don't see this series ending unless that desire to write, for whatever reason, comes to a most unfortunate halt.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21