Cozy Glow 576 members · 939 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
the dobermans
Group Admin

Greetings friends (and foes?) of Cozy Glow! We appear to have accumulated a fair number members. Please share your opinion as to whether a contest (with cash* prizes and prompts) would be something you would participate in at this point.

*Amazon gift codes

Maybe, depending on the nature - but I'd probably end up missing deadline.:twilightblush:

Depends on how long it is. But yes.

Oof. I’m already juggling two ongoing fics (one of which is for another contest), but I’d be sorely tempted to participate in a Cozy-centric one. Demon Filly is who got me into fic-writing in the first place.

As for prompts, how about “Pony Life Cozy Glow”?

Give the fandom a few weeks of watching Gen 4.5 to get a feel for the new show, then challenge us to pen a story that depicts Cozy through that same lens. It’s topical and timely.

the dobermans
Group Admin

Right now I'm thinking 1 month to write the story, 5k-10k words give or take. A Pony Life theme could definitely be one of the prompts. Serious dark comedy potential there (and gosh she's still adorable in that style).

I think if we get 10 people to show interest, I'll go ahead with it. Also, the more people who enter, the higher the prize values.

Hmm... I am working on a Cozy story that can't be posted in a contest, but if the prompts were interesting, I think I would throw something together for a contest too. Besides, more Cozy stories can only be a good thing.

I’m game! I do enjoy a friendly contest to get my writer gears turning:twilightsmile:

the dobermans
Group Admin

It looks like we've got 5 people with some level of interest so far. Half-way there!

Hey! Count me in! >:)

the dobermans
Group Admin

That's 6 ... don't forget to tell your friends!

I'll throw my hat into the ring.

the dobermans
Group Admin

Two more until liftoff!

the dobermans
Group Admin

One more folks! I should mention that I've spoken with an artist I know, and they've offered to contribute to the first place prize.

Really? No pony else?

the dobermans
Group Admin

So close, and yet so far ...

don't worry! I can help!

I'd be interested in a competition. I'd like to make a suggestion for a prompt. You don't have to use it but you can if you want.

Twilight (now the ruler of Equestria) frees her from the statue and tries to reform her. Chrysalis and Tirek can be freed roo, but the story has to be under 10k words. It can't be easy to reform her, as the story has to reflect her character. It can end either with Cosy being reformed and embracing the magic of friendship, or refusing to and being punished in whatever way the author decides. Obviously the story has to follow all site rules. As you are essentially hosting this competition, it's up to you whether mature stories are allowed or not.

This is basically what popped into my head in the last five minutes or so.

By the way, if you have trouble finding judges, you have a volunteer right here. If not, I'll enter the competition. I don't mind either way, I just won't read anything rated Mature or with Sex or Non-con tags.

Has she actually been in Pony Life? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, so no spoilers.

the dobermans
Group Admin

Thanks for the suggestion, Angel. I'll consider that as one of the prompts, or a version of it. As for readers, it will depend on how many stories are entered. If we get a significant amount I'll send out a call for help.

Nope. The only returning former antagonists Pony Life has had are Discord and Trixie, who each had their own featured episode.

Thank you for telling me. I've not been able to find it on YouTube just yet, but I'll check the official MLP channel soon.
Glad to help!

I'm pretty sure we have more than 10 people involved, so yay! WhenwillitstartwhatarethepromptsIsowanttodothis SQUEE!

the dobermans
Group Admin

Glad you're excited! I'm working on the post. Should be out by this weekend.

Depends on what it is. I have a fic I could submit if we go for a 'reform' contest.

Working on moving now, but this could be a good option to knock the rust off if the prompts are something I can work with.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30