My Little Reviews & Feedback 503 members · 853 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Flora Blossom
Group Contributor
Tđź‘Ź Let đź‘Ź Wallflower đź‘Ź Say đź‘Ź F*ck đź‘Ź
After saving Wallflower from an abusive home, Sunset figures the best way to help with her girlfriend's years of trauma is challenging the restrictions she's lived with all her life, like with saying curse words. Turns out, Wally's very good at that.
Scampy · 19k words  ·  305  31 · 3.1k views

Review: Let Wallflower Say Fuck

Summary:  FUCK with more high profanity fiction

Tags: Profanity, Romance, Drama

Review:   Let’s start off the bad stuff first.

When I read this I pretty much laugh in a good way. Not sure but shouldn’t this have a comedy tag?  So, this fiction was trying to make a serious comedy? So, I noticed the chapters were kind of censor.  Welp let’s take a look at this fiction.

It was an alright story, nothing too big.  Just out of character fiction.  I’m 100% sure about this and this leaves me to question why did you write this? Meh, who knows???

Let’s talk about the good stuff in this fiction.

To me it had some kind of weird character development on a canon character which is odd however, it is interesting. When I got to the full cliché of the F word chapter it was like… Is this a troll fiction because no experienced writer would do such a thing.  After I finally gave it in and read the chapter I started to like the characters a little bit more it had that weird taste.  I do question why this fiction doesn’t have a random tag on it though.

I feel like this fiction was a small romance and drama.  I felt like this fiction was more comedy and random. Maybe it is just me.

However for me I feel like this fiction is at least a 6/10 for me.

The co-authors of this story are both good friends of mine, and I spent a little bit of time discussing it with Scampy while she was drafting it. She and I talked about the story’s genre; it has a comedic tone in places, but isn’t supposed to be a straight-up comedy. After all, the story isn’t so much about Wallflower saying bad words as it is about her changing as a person, and moving on past her emotional baggage.

So, when I read a statement like this:

When I read this I pretty much laugh in a good way. Not sure but shouldn’t this have a comedy tag? So, this fiction was trying to make a serious comedy?

Then I’m like. Yeah? What of it? Stories that blend comedy with serious drama are not unusual. Good ones strike a balance between moments of laughter and moments of drama. Like I said before, despite the prevalence of funny moments, the emphasis in this one isn’t as much on the humor of the situation as it is on the characters’ growth and inner conflicts. The humor is just there to sweeten it.

It concerns me that you’ve identified this as a bad quality, and a mark against the story. I don’t say this lightly, but I don’t get the sense that you even understood what the story was going for. I mean, you say that the protags were out-of-character, and you call this an “out-of-character” story, but... was it? How were the protagonists out of character?

This is a problem with your review in general: You fail to actually explain your opinions, or your feedback. In general, you talk about some surface-level reactions that you had, but fail to explain what gave you those reactions. You say things like:

Is this a troll fiction because no experienced writer would do such a thing.

Which is deeply insulting to the authors, both of whom are veterans of this community, and what’s worse, you don’t even try to explain what you mean.

Finally, I don’t understand how your rating scale works. Your whole review philosophy seems to be “base the numbers on how the stories made me, the reviewer, feel,” which, you know, fair enough, reviewing is a subjective process anyway (which only works when the person writing the review articulates their criticisms). But you gave this story a mediocre score of 6/10, while rating another story, which is unarguably worse in every conceivable sense than this one, as an 8/10.

I just, what are you grading these on? Is the only criteria for a numerical score “how the story made FloraBlossom feel?”

Normally I wouldn’t bother writing up a response like this. But your reviews do help bring attention and audience to stories that might otherwise go unnoticed (though, granted, this one didn’t) , and if you tell people “this story is a 6/10,” that potentially affects how it draws in new readers. With that in mind, a story like this deserves a better, more thorough response than what you gave it.

Plus, as someone who provided some slight feedback on the story while it was being drafted, I had a personal stake in saying something to you.

Is this a troll fiction because no experienced writer would do such a thing.

And you're basing this off... what, exactly?

Flora Blossom
Group Contributor

When I read this all I could see was the comedy and random for this story it made me laugh which is a good thing I just wonder why it didn't have the comedy tag. Because there are some funny parts to the story. It is true that you might be angry with me... I can see why... I still think this is above average story it's not decent but it's well average to me.

Did I truly insult the author probably not. When I stated this phrase. >>> Is this a troll fiction because no experienced writer would do such a thing.
I was looking at the chapter name. Since it's a full cliché.

Then I made my next statement.

After I finally gave it in and read the chapter I started to like the characters a little bit more it had that weird taste.

I was completely worried about the chapter of the Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck... you get the picture.. I had a weird feel which is nervous before I went into it. The chapter was meant to be funny as I thought. There were some details left out in someway. However, I like to let the readers to decide it by them self since it's just being me as a reader. I do have a low IQ and everything. So, explaining things isn't my forte because people may get the wrong way and I don't like to spoil things. As a short review these are my standards.

How much work did the author put? well all the chapters were release on the same day. So, in my head how long did the author work on this fiction. Hopefully 3 months or so? or longer? And then the release. I'm more skeptical... When I saw the authors note I had to go to a link to see what was cut. I still love the cut but not sure why. The author stated it didn't really mesh with the scene or narrative. This means in my opinion they didn't have the time to go through it to make the mesh smoother... Which defeats the purpose of creativity.

The let down was the cut. I do apologies.

Not much of a rich story to go by. It had some weird feeling which I'm not yet understand. I do apologies for making such average remark on the story. However this is based on my opinion... You can agree or disagree.

Flora Blossom
Group Contributor

I was basing that off of a chapter name and not the story itself.

Flora Blossom
Group Contributor

Scampy is a good writer... but when the thing was cut... which I didn't want to explain further means that the author gave up on something that might of gone well with more creativity to make it work or planned out. Hopefully Scampy doesn't take the link out for the cut because it's very interesting. Every fiction must be cherished by the author.

Posh #7 · Apr 28th, 2022 · · ·

7680798 That’s asinine. Stories are not kittens that need to be coddled, lest they wither and die. Good writers understand intuitively that not everything will work in the final product, and that things need to be changed or removed in order to ensure the best possible story. Scampy is a good enough writer to know this.

Based on your responses in this thread, though, I’m not sure that’s a concept you understand, so it astonishes me that you’d try to explain writing to two very prolific and accomplished writers. I don’t think you understand writing well enough to speak with any kind of authority, or provide any sort of useful, constructive critique. Your only metric is how stories make you feel. If you grade stories based on how they make you feel, and whether your surface-level feelings change while reading the story, and to what degree they change, then I’m sorry, but you’re not going to turn out good reviews. Especially when, again, by those same rules, a story which seems like it was written poorly on purpose scores better on your scale than this.

And that wouldn’t bother me, if it weren’t for the fact that people, for whatever reason, take your reviews as legitimate feedback, and take your recommendations seriously.

Did I truly insult the author probably not.

One of the co-authors responded to your review, in this thread. She didn’t sound happy.

Flora Blossom
Group Contributor

it is what it is. This was the 4 points taken off which led me to 6/10.

1. The name of the chapter 4 was a wall of Fuck cliché
2. In that same chapter 4 or page 4??? There was a cut content.
3. In that cut content character development was cut.
4. The cut may or might have change the end due to the character interactions.

I'm sorry. But this is the points I took off. Maybe 4 isn't my lucky number. The grammar is very good. However, character development was not.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8