My Little Reviews & Feedback 502 members · 852 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Light Heart101
Group Contributor
TPick 'Em Up
Along the way to her home, Rarity has a heart-to-heart chat with Applejack over complicated matters.
SunTwi06 · 4.5k words  ·  80  9 · 2.6k views

Written by SunTwi06

Summary:
Applejack always believed the simple life she had is everything she wants. Rarity goes through life like it's an endless catwalk, where everyone has a story and someone is worth talking about. But then, a simple drive takes some slight detours as secrets are revealed in more ways than one. Putting into question if they're truly content with the life they have or if that desire for more can come in the unexpected of ways.

Analysis: This is a rather respectful Rarijack ship, and focuses more on establishing the character's mindsets and preferences instead of forcing a relationship. I like how well it goes into their backgrounds and their goals, mainly focusing on Applejack's mindset. It is nice to see a story that shows where the characters are coming from and where they end up going, and also shows how some relationships can end up being frowned upon by others. It's a simplistic story, but it shines in that aspect and is able to keep me invested in the story.

Grammar: 9/10 I am impressed with the grammar used in this story, being able to understand this easily. There are a few spelling errors, but I think this author does a good job of presenting things clearly.

The plot of the story: 9/10 I like the fact that this story doesn't force anything, but takes the concept of a simple drive to carry the story. It's rather simple, and the story does well working with a simplistic concept. There are some stories that don't do enough, and some that try to do too much, but this one works well, using emotion and scenery to carry the plot to greater heights.

Story flow: 9/10 The story moves slowly in a good way, and let me explain. I have complained that some stories just don't do enough, but even though it takes a while for the relationship to build, it makes up for it with creating an environment and building character. Being able to add such detail that keeps readers invested is pure talent and one that is hard to find. Seriously, the writer and the editor did an amazing job on this. (If you are the editor, I would love to have you help me with a story in the future. The whole story is a masterpiece.

Final score: 27/30 9/10

This story (And I'm not ashamed to say this) took a simple concept and made it into an amazing love story. The editor did this job well, along with the author. This story is a masterpiece with a gripping narrative and an immersive environment. I am glad to have read a story with such skill and emotion, and I can't wait to read more from this author. I would defiantly recommend giving this story a read.

Thank you for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed it. As for the misspelled words, if it's AJ you were referring to, that was intentional due to how she speaks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2