Rare Story Prompts 81 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27
A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Welcome, my good ladies and gentlemen, to the first contest in the shiny and newly minted Rare Story Prompts Group!

It provides me with great pleasure to present our first Prompt:

First or second person HiE, with a FEMALE point of view character.

As most people reading this will likely know, HiE's from a male point of view are dirt common on site. The same from the point of view of a female character are far more rare, making up, at most, only two percent of the HiE's on site

As such, this poses a double challenge for the author, as they will be writing a challenging piece whilst treading fairly new ground.

Judging will be two people, A British Gentleman and Shrink Laureate. The prize will be a review of any fic of the winner's choosing, to be written by A British Gentleman.

Two weeks Three weeks will be allowed to write entries. Please read the rules thread, and post a link to your entry here, as a reply to this thread.

Good luck, and enjoy your writing!

The contest Rules, so there is no confusion:

These are the general rules for the contests that shall be held by this group. These will be friendly contests with a good variety of fics welcome and encouraged; if you think you can get away with it, then you almost certainly can. If still in any doubt, feel free to ask.

-1-

In order to qualify, your story must not only feature the prompt, but have the subject of the prompt be featured in such a way that the story would no longer function without the prompt. In short, so long as the prompt is there and is a core element of the story, you’re good. Subversions of the prompt are allowed.

-2-

You must have linked your submission in the relevant contest thread, with a reply to the OP. Unpublished stories are fine, providing a link to the submitted story page on Fimfiction is on hand.

-3-

You may not have begun this story prior to reading the prompt.

-4-

Fics can be up to 10,000 words long!

-5-

Mature rated fics are not allowed.

If anyone has any questions, or requires clarification, please feel free to ask. Good luck, and enjoy your writing!

Contest will close at 9 am Eastern Time, on 5th May, 2018

Edited to include contest rules.

Edited to extend deadline

Two weeks, huh? I'll see if I can rustle something up. Honestly, the word limit will probably be the toughest criterion for me to meet.

Don’t forget the contest rules!

I’ve got some obligations on a story that pretty much everyone has been waiting on for over a year, but if I can wrangle that before the deadline I’ll see what I can do. :twilightsmile:

Hrm. Wonder if I can scrape together the time.

Sounds fun, count me in.

6397446 6397518 6397522 6399579

Less than a week to go on this. I hope we see some interesting stories.

Yeah, not going to happen for me. Between work being a royal pain, and now getting the flu (probably due to overwork), I'm not going to manage to write anything readable.

No promises. It's on my to-do list, but at this stage, no promises.

You Woke Up Next To Nopony

Part of my Awoken Series now, down the line, like with every part in the series it will have a sequel.

Just a short and bitter sweet relationship tale, about breaking up.

I will admit it was fun to write in a Female P.O.V since I iive one everyday lol. I always worry my Male P.O.V's in Awoken all feel the same, because well I go by what I feel is Male-ish to me.

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Thanks for entering :twilightsmile:

When you say to link the story on the thread, do mean here? And replied to the OP like this is?

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Ideally, yes. It makes it easier to keep track of the entries.

Okay, perfect! Thanks!

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

If you want, you could post one chapter, and finish it later. I would definitely prioritize your schoolwork however. That's the most important thing.

After all, there will be more contests.

May I request a deadline extension? I've written something, but it's nowhere near completion, and in the meantime this is competing with at least two other ongoing projects for my attention.

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

I'll double check with Shrink Laureate, but if he's okay with it, then sure. I will get back to you shortly.

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

6412603 6412133

Okay, the deadline will be extended to Saturday 5th 9am EST. I will make the edit to the original post.

Gentlemen, behold!

Hannah Hawes, Store Clerk

THannah Hawes, Shop Assistant
You work for a minotaur named Jim Jam at a general store in Manehattan. It's an okay job; more importantly, the schedule is open enough for you to pursue your true passion: exploring ancient ruins.
Admiral Biscuit · 9.5k words  ·  116  8 · 1.4k views
A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Thanks for the entry :twilightsmile:

Here's one. Admiral Biscuit's story reminded me today that this group was doing this.

So anyway, this is the product of two hours's work and lingering bad taste from recently playing Ace Combat Assault Horizon

TF-22's over Moscow
To entertain a friend, Rarity and Fluttershy decide to take on an evildoer by themselves, using only their wits and charm. image unrelated
totallynotabrony · 2.3k words  ·  16  8 · 757 views

Right. Let's see what's on the Impossible Numbers checklist tonight:

• Required a deadline extension? Check.
  • Word count surpassing original limit? Check.
  • Word count spiralling insanely out of control even beyond said limit? Check.
  • Too heavily invested in getting this thing finished despite knowing all the above? Check.
  • Left it far too late to try a second project instead? Check.
  • So non-punctual that merely completing the first draft is going to happen long after even the extended deadline has passed? Check, check, and check.

Sadly, without radical redefinition of the rules, it's all too clear I'm not gonna make this one. :facehoof:

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Just a reminder: we're now on the final day.

I said I'll see if I can rustle something up, and I'm gonna see if I can rustle something up. This is not over yet.

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Awesome to hear :pinkiehappy:

I look forward to seeing what you come up with :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27