Uncommon Dazzling Ships 271 members · 441 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
forbloodysummer
Group Admin

Something Rainbow Rocks makes pretty obvious is that the sirens struggle to stand each other, and that their exchanges are filled with tension. So how much worse would that be before any of them have had their morning caffeine?

That's the prompt. Write a story of their sleep-starved dysfunction as one siren encounters another at some ungodly hour when no self-respecting creature should be awake. Do they put the kettle on like mature adults? Snipe at each other with waspishness making up for lack of wit in that state? Or say to hell with it and go straight back to bed, possibly dragging the other along?

I like domestic siren stories a lot, and this is a chance to cover a situation they inevitably regularly encounter, but rarely gets written about. It could be funny, it could be sweet, it could be deep and meaningful but to be honest that's asking a lot before breakfast.

Here are some rules! Or guidelines, at least - who are we to tell you what to do?

There will be:

No maximum word limit! :yay:

No minimum word limit, aside from fimfiction's thousand-word standard! :pinkiehappy:

No rating restrictions! :moustache:

No prizes! :trollestia:

No SunDagio! :raritystarry:

No AriNata! :rainbowderp:

No SonPie! :pinkiesad2:

No time limit! :trixieshiftleft: ...I mean, it'd be nice to get it done this month, but, given the above thing about no prizes, if it takes you longer then it takes you longer... However, if you get it submitted this month then we'll read it and talk about it and shower you with praise, whereas by next month we'll have moved onto a different area of focus.

No pleasantly refreshed sirens beaming at the thought of greeting the new day.

And that's it!

There's no Dazzling shipping, but there is a story that does this at least once. In case no one has heard of it, it's called It's Too Early for This Sh*t (yes, that's how the title is written, and that is a link to it)

forbloodysummer
Group Admin

7470863 I remember that story, now you mention it!

Aria: Irish coffee
Sonata: Screwdriver
Adagio: Wine. Just... just wine.

forbloodysummer
Group Admin

7471598 That is an interpretation of too early I had not considered! But it's five o'clock somewhere, if you count 5 a.m. too.

"Isn't it a bit early..."
"Fuck you, I'm depressed now!"

forbloodysummer
Group Admin

I am throwing this artwork in here too!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7