Uncommon Dazzling Ships 271 members · 441 stories
Comments ( 60 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 60
Cojo5536
Group Admin

Has Adagio ever gotten jealous in the same way Fluttershy has?

Worried that someone else would steal Her Sweetie? No, but if anyone had ever approached her with clear interest, it'd have depended at what point they were at in the relationship whether Adagio saw them as some type of threat or just another teasing target (depending on whether or not it looked like this person would give her, Aria, and Sonata a chance as friends, of course).

Cojo5536
Group Admin

You once said it was a shame that Zepher Breeze entered the show too late to add to SfaCF because there was mileage in his character, what would you have done with him?

I'm not sure exactly, but Fluttershy of all people having a deadbeat sibling that she actually seems to dislike (when he's not shutting up and doing what he was supposed to do in the first place), and a wannabe lady-killer at that, sounds like fun all by itself. In a setting in which his sister is romantically involved with the hottest girl in school* and said girl greatly enjoys teasing her? I can see Zephyr being a near-endless source of ammo and target practice, Adagio referring to his antics to make Her Sweetie blush, making a game of poking holes in his pick-up lines, then possibly looping back to Fluttershy to ask if their romantic sense (hilariously bad attempts at acting smooth and seductive) runs in the family.

There could have been a double-whammy of Flutters' mother and brother both just embarrassing her to death, but I came up with FlutterMom precisely because we knew nothing about her family at the time, and with her real parents having been revealed in the same episode, I don't think I'd have had the excuse to have her around at the same time as Zephyr Breeze.

*Though Rarity would say that the verdict is still out on that one, to be discussed in more detail in the spin-off.

Cojo5536
Group Admin

I think he also has mileage for drama. He doesn't strike me as a guy who would let something like "already taken" stop him especially if money was on the table, and Adagio has a lot of money.

Maybe, maybe not, but I don't really get the impression that he's a bad person and am not likely to write him that way. :applejackunsure:

Cojo5536
Group Admin

If you got the ability to send a single message to the entire site about shipping, what would it be?

(Personally, mine would be stop getting so invested in just one or two ships and experiment/get outside your comfort zone. A certain ship might be really popular right now but eventually you will wonder: is this it? Is this all we're capable of in terms of pairings? Eventually, writers and readers will move on and those that don't will be frustrated. This isn't even getting into how stupid those particular shippers can get. There is a SunDash fic that I won't name (though it will probably easy to guess with the context) and the author has made very clear with this intention from chapter one, then Adagio shows up several chapters later and there were comments praying for Sundagio. Really? Really? Adagio only just showed up in the story, why do you want Sundagio when SunDash has had so much build up? Maybe consider time and place, before bringing up your preferred ship.)

Probably the similar sentiment of "Any ship works if it's well-written," because even though it seems like one of those common sense things, I get the feeling it bears saying out loud every now and then.

I know that even the most popular ships need some effort put in, because (despite how rarely I actually seem to write it), Sundagio happens to be my favorite ship and I can only name 3-4 examples of it being done well off the top of my head. More often than not, it seems like those stories are Sunset being regarded as this amazing, near-perfect super being and Adagio just a poor wretch that, usually written to be inferior to Sunset in every way, is apparently just lucky to have her divine guidance. It's probably not just me, but I don't really get the sense that it's a healthy relationship of mutual affection and respect when we have the triumphant hero who's 100% right all the time (in the sense that even if she fails/screws up, it's usually brushed aside or completely ignored) and the floundering failure who's 100% wrong until she shuts up and starts doing things the Hero Approved™ way, but now I'm rambling. :derpytongue2:

But yes, "Any ship works if it's well-written" is the thing I would tell people. :coolphoto:

Cojo5536
Group Admin

Well I've run out of questions so I guess we'll call this here. This is really was just an interview, huh? Thanks for agreeing to this :).

Yup! I'd say something indicating departure here, but I don't think either of us are going anywhere in that sense. :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 60