Hybrids and Half Breeds 160 members · 145 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Sense a new gen will be on us sooner then we think I believe it is time we talk about the idea of new pony tribes. Now before anyone says anything yes I agree that sea ponies, and breezies should be made pony tribes again. And I also agree that bat ponies, crystal ponies, and kirins should all be made into pony tribes with their own powers, I'm not sold on the idea of changelings becoming a tribe. I mean I strongly agree that each tribe should have their own body type templates, but I think the changelings are little to off the pony template. Anyway we aren't talking about them sense if they do want new pony tribes those are the first ones able to become them. Instead I will talk about equines from myth that have never been in anything MLP and their odds of becoming ponies plus what their powers could be.

However there are a few rules I did come up with when making this list, that I want everyone to know. Both because this will explain why an equine creature you know of from myth didn't make it, and because believe Hasbro will also follow rules like this if they every plan on making new tribes

Rule One: Horse/pony creatures only

Rule Two: No anthro/humanoids

Rule Three: No undead

Rule Four: Must be public domain

Rule Five: Keep it simple, remember they are trying to sell toys

Now that you know the rules lets talk about the possible pony tribes!

1: Kelpie: I feel the kelpie have the best chance of any kind of equine from myth of becoming a new tribe. They are both well know and fans have made a lot of fan art of them being ponies so it isn't hard to see them becoming a tribe. Now as for powers I know many people will think of water, but I disagree with them for two reason. First the sea ponies in G1 already had some water control powers and it isn't hard to see that just being increase for them if they are made a tribe again. Second of all kelpies didn't have water base powers in myth, the live water and could breath it but they didn't have power over. Instead they were shape-shifters, and that the power I believe they should have. Yes the changelings can already do that but that doesn't mean we can't more then one kind of shape-shifters or that their powers couldn't work a little differently from one another.

2: Bicorn: while more of a pop-culture thing then myth I can see bicorns becoming canon. As for power sense bicorns are the dark opposite of unicorns in fantasy why not give them the ability to drain magic instead of casting spells. I think that fit just fine.

3: Aethron: Theses guys will need a bit of explaining because they aren't as well know. From Greek myth there are two different creatures that go by this name. The first being the eagle that ate Prometheus' liver everyday, the second and the one I'm talking about being the flaming horses that pull the sun. Some people have combine the two creatures making a flaming pegasus, a flaming hippograff, or a creature that become a flaming horse or flaming eagle at will. Now the biggest problem with them being canon if that fire powers already belongs to the kirin, and they just aren't as well known.

4: Haizum: The name of the archangel Gabriel flaming pegasus in Islamic tradition. Yeah I don't think this has a chance of becoming a pony tribe both because it is too similar to what we already have and because this will cause argument with people and Hasbro won't get into that.

5: Buraq: Another Islamic one that is a pegasus with a human head and peacock's tail. Before say anything about the head they can just chance it to a pony head but again same problems here that we have with Haizum so I don't see it happening.

6: Keshi: This one is Hindu and it is a demon horse with a mouth full of fangs. So the demon part is an issue with it chances of becoming canon as well as the religion part, then there the fact that in looks it is an earth pony with fangs. So I don't see it being a thing.

7: Sagari: A yokai that takes the form of a horse head with a snake body and a human hand coming out of its head. Its power is that it causes sickness when its screams. Now I have seen people remove the hand and even make it more like a hippocampus with snake parts instead of fish parts, which increases its odds of becoming a tribe. As for its powers they would chance that if they did make it canon

8: Longma: Okay there have been talk of a longma happening in G5 already so I'm not going to spend time talking about this one but I know people will say it should be on the list

Anyway those are the horses from myth I believe could have a chance of becoming tribes. What do you think? And do have any creature you can see becoming a tribe?

Viper Pit
Group Admin
Viper Pit
Group Admin

The new pony tribes

So what do you think of the possible tribes I listed?

Viper Pit
Group Admin

The bicorn is definitely a Intresting one

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6