Hybrids and Half Breeds 160 members · 145 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So I have been working on a few story ideas recently and one of them involves a character who is a pony/chimera hybrid. As I wrote the story idea, I kind of came up with an idea.

Usually when people try to do chimera ponies, they just try to throw all the different aspects together. And while there is nothing wrong with that, I can say there are some individuals like myself who find this a little bit "overcrowded" and perhaps even annoying. However, I came up with a solution that I thought other authors might enjoy using.

Chimera are usually made of multiple creatures but who is to say that the offspring of a chimera and a pony have to share all those traits. What if the child only got traits from one of the animals.

In the case of the Chimera in the show, if it were to breed with a pony and had three offspring, one could have serpentine characteristics, one could have tiger characteristics and the other could have goat characteristics.

Well, that was just an idea I had and I just thought I would share it. Have fun. :raritywink:

Viper Pit
Group Admin

That is a wonderful idea

How about more.. 1/2 pony and 1/4 one animal, and 1/4 of one other animal

6748280 Keep in mind as the author you can do whatever you want. I merely brought this up because I remember wanting to create a Chimera themed monster mare, only the be like: "I don't want to do that because I have to mix 3 or more creatures into a pony."

Here I am giving a suggestion that allows writers who may have been intimidated in a similar manner, a way of simplifying the hybrid concept. Of course there is nothing saying that perhaps another trait sneaks in along the genetic code when the pony and chimera... do their business and conceive a child. Perhaps you could have a pony/chimera hybrid that for the most part has goat traits but also has serpentine eyes.

Like I said before, when you are the author anything is possible. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4