Legends of Magic: Pillars Of Equestra 201 members · 121 stories
Comments ( 61 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 61

Does anyone around here happen to have a favorite Pillar of Old or more, by any chance?

7224167 I like Somnambula and Mage Meadowbrook.
The others are okay, but they're my faves.
Except for Star Swirl.
Can't stand that old coot.

Mage Meadowbrook and Flash Magnus.

It's a toss-up between Meadowbrook and Rockhoof. Star Swirl's my least favorite, however.

Here’s the group dedicated to Flash Magnus in case you’re interested in joining.

7224167 Somnambula is best pillar!

7224205 Cool.
Great minds think alike, no?

7224167 Btw, many thanks for steering me to the Mage Meadowbrook and Somnambula.
Also, for me, I like Somnambula because she combines two of my very favorite things: Pegasi (especially mares) and all things Ancient Egypt.

Of course y'all know me for loving 3 favorite Pillars of Old Equestria Members, with them being the Females of course. X3 I will go ahead and line them up. ;3

1. Mage Meadowbrook (My Favorite Pillars of Old Equestria Member. And of course: The source of my Best Pillar Ever <3 tag :3)

2, Somnambula (My 2nd Favorite Pillars of Old Equestria Member. =3)

3. Mistmane (My 3rd Favorite Pillars of Old Equestria Member. :3)

Need I say more about them, my FIMFiction Friend that created FIMFiction Groups for the three of them? :D X3

Somnambula 💕

Flash Magnus and Somnambula, that is all.

I personally like Somnabula she's cute, has an Egyptian aesthetic. And she is a becon of hope which is a concept I like out of all the pillars the most. Plus did I mention she's super cute? :scootangel:

Rockhoof the Scotsman.

That you did, my friend. That you did.

Don't forget to reply to my comment. ;3

Thanks =3

In case you're wondering, the Mage Meadowbrook Pic from Light262 is the one that I used as cover art for of my South Swamp Rag story. How awesome is that, man? :3 :yay:

Yep =3 And I figured it was a noice breather from my usual solo vectors of characters that I use as cover arts. ;3

In response to your post on my user page, it's a tie between Mage Meadowbrook and Somnambula.

-following because you said Mage Meadowbrook- <3 :heart:

Meadow brook, somnambula, flash Magnus, and rockhoof. No contest.

Here’s the group dedicated to Flash Magnus in case you’re interested in joining.

Ugh. Someone keeps poking me... no, I don't. I'm mostly a Stygian fan.

Although my one story with any of these ponies, I shipped Star Swirl and Meadowbrook. I was being subtle about it, but it should have been clear that Trixie was the descendant of that particular May/December affair. And, because that's the way that ancestry can happen, all four other Pillars who aren't Stygian. Because I kind of liked the idea of a messed up romance between a descendant of the Pillars (who hates her ancestor Star Swirl in a complicated fashion) and the Pony of Shadows.

Maybe some day I'll get that story going again, but I lost the plot halfway across a hay field in Limbo, and never picked it up again. Transitions in motion are my kryptonite.

Now favorite Female of the group. :3 Which is it? :)

Somnambula and Rockhoof are mine

7224167 Do really like Rockhoof; his jolliness is very comforting.

So are Meadowbrook and Star Swirl some of your other favorites, then?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

A tie between Flash Magnus and Rockhoof.

Somnambula and Mage Meadowbrook.

If I had to rank them, I'd say:

1. Mage Meadowbrook
2. Somnambula
3. Flash Magnus
4. Rock Hoof
5. Mistmane
6. Starswirl

I have been showing off my own take on Stygian in my latest season of Journey To Hearth's Warming. A bit more on the darker side as if he was more polluted by the darkness.

Not sure if I will be exploring the others, but Starswirl already holds a big spot in the story as is, and has quite a different connection to Stygian then in canon.

1. Mage Meadowbrook
2. Somnambula

Same ranking system as me for those two! :D Instant new follower from me, especially with Mage Meadowbrook being No. 1! <3 :heart:

Meadow brook followed by Somnambula and Rockhoof.

Solid preference for Starswirl personally. He's just generally useful as an addition to a story I believe. Magic stuff to deal with? Then he's never really out of place, and there's a lot of room to expand on.

Problem I can see with him is that as far as mages go, he's like a Twilight with all the character flaws, none of the social skills, and the ego that comes with old renowned wizards. Easy to see why peeps would dislike him. Then again that depends on how you choose to write him.

After him...

Meadowbrook and Rockhoof. I ship the two.

Flash Magnus I guess could be useful for war/military stories, maybe to show off how far the Equestrian military has (or not) advanced while he was stuck in limbo with the Pillars.

Rockhoof, he's the only one that we are shown to have to grapple with the fact that he is a pony out of time. He's the only one shown to have lost pretty much everything and has no purpose.
As a man stuck in a dead end third shift security jig, this feeling of pointlessness makes Rockhoof the only Pillar worth caring about.

1. Mage Meadowbrook
2. Somnambula
3. Starswirl
4. Mistmane
5. Flash Magnus
6. Rock Hoof

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 61