The Weird People's group. 41 members · 50 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

So far, for me, it's Metro Exodus, Rage 2, Doom Eternal, and Assassins Creed Odyssey. Cyberpunk 2077 COULD be cool, but i dont know enough about it like, gameplay/genre wise to make a call yet, am hoping we learn more during Sony's conference in an hour. Dying Light 2 is KIND OF interesting, but not on my "must buy" list. Jump Force seems cool, sort of like the "Marvel vs Capcom" kind of idea, but applied to Anime. i mean, i nearly pissed myself from laughing at the insinuation that Naruto and Luffy could fight Frieza, but still. and dont get me wrong, i love the heck out of Luffy (naruto, his whole shitty series, and that dumpster fire of a sequel can fuck off and die for all i care), but theres no WAY he can fight someone like Frieza who can literally BLOW UP A PLANET with a flick of his fucking FINGER (and god knows naruto would probably be trying to fucking redeem the fucking bastard)

Out of all of them (so far), only Metro and Rage 2 are def MUST BUY's for me

what about letdowns?
for me, Fallout 76 was the biggest......*SIGHS* BUT.......AS MUCH AS I HATE MYSELF FOR THIS.......i WILL be making myself wait and see how it turns out before i make the call on it being worth buying or not. i'm gonna watch and see a couple of youtubers i'm subscribed to play it, and if they seem to enjoy it i may give it a shot myself.......I just......my LOVE for fallout is battling against my utter LOATHING for multiplayer RPG's, and it's fucking PAINFUL. Theres just this big part of me saying "You KNOW it WONT be good!" but theres an equally big part saying "But it COULD BE! and it's FALLOUT!" *sighs*......i swear to god, it's shit like this that makes me think videogames are actually fucking addicting......

On fallout 76, I'm speaking as someone who has just pre-ordered the game because I won't be able to pay for it otherwise. I too am waiting to see how it turns out before passing judgement. I know online games aren't for everyone and I don't fault people for not wanting to play on that merit, but we have to see how it actually turns out before we make an assertion.

And even if it's solid there will be those hating on it just to do so. Personally it's the in game nukes have me the most worried. The temptation for trolls and griefers is way to strong to ignore. I'm hoping this feature is removed very soon after the game launches. It's just way too out of balance to have included in the first place.

that's one of SEVERAL concerns i have, a long with "will this even be a fallout game (by which i mean, HAVING A STORY)? or is it just Rust or Ark with a Fallout coat of paint on it?", "will there be NPC's, or will it just be an empty as hell sandbox for multiplayer BS", "will people just be able to come along and take all the shit you spent a lot of fucking time collecting".

i mean......honestly....who's bright idea was it to give free access to nukes? what happens if someones just going about their day trying to do whatever passes for a "quest" in this game, and some other asshole player just HAPPENS to drop a nuke on them and wipe everything out?

if this were like, friends only Co-Op i'd be FINE with it, but just letting random assholes into it is a bit much. *sighs, facepalming*.....I guess I'll just have to look at them as "npc's" too, just random raiders and shit....i dont know....

It could be good....it could be bad....it could be GREAT....or it could be TERRIBLE.....it's just so new an idea that it seems a both to much to accept, and not enough to go on at the same time.

I don't disagree with you at all on that one. Which is one reason for my pre-order. That way I can get in on the beta and see at least some aspects of the game and figure out if I want to go on to launch day or not.

It's not a prefect strategy, but there is no such thing. If nothing else the settlement building looks to have been overhauled and that was needed very badly. Also this won't be affecting the next main line Fallout release accept with any improvements that carry forward.

So even if it's a total failure we, and Bethesda can still learn from it. And that will make for a better experience down the line. I won't argue with anyone about the vast number of question marks though. It's better to just be a little guarded for right now and not let our expectations one way or the other run away with us. :eeyup:

at least we know one thing, the reason vault 76 never expanded into the capital wasteland region was because everyone in it nuked themselves to death like a bunch of fucking morons. (kidding kidding)

but in all seriousness, i HOPE only the improvements are carried forward. god HELP bethesda if they ruin fallout 5 by making a fucking MMO or some shit.

....god, i just realized there CANT be NPC's in it like in other fallout games.....what happens if they get killed off by some other Jerkoff player? that'd cut people out of gameplay.....it really is just gonna be a rust clone.....*groans, faceplanting on desk*

Yeah, there was less thought put into many of the aspects of this new game then Bethesda has realized. And no Fallout 5 won't be an MMO any more than Elder Scrolls six will. If there is to be a Fallout MMO it'll be handled by Zenimax Online Studios just like ESO was. Such a thing will always be separate. For all of it's flaws and mistakes I doubt Bethesda will make that particular blunder.

They're not EA after all.

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

The Tales of Vesperia Remaster, Doom Eternal, Elder Scrolls VI, Shadows Die Twice, and I know there were a few others. I would say Fallout 76 because it's pretty and looks interesting, but I am not a fan of multiplayer games like Rust. I prefer single player experiences or Co-Op experiences.

Elder Scrolls VI

I'm just hoping that they have it large enough that you're not limited to only one province of Tamriel, because I REALLY want to explore Black Marsh.

if it's set in eHammerfel, then theres a decent chance Orsinium may be included as well, cause orsinium is EXTREMELY small compared to other provinces (literally only consisting of a single city state), and is pretty much smackdab in between Skyrim and Hammerfel. it's so small, infact, that it isnt officially recognized as a province by the rest of the empire and, numerous times throughout history, has been fully absorbed by High Rock. it's current incarnation (number 4, fyi), is technically considered a part of Hammerfel, in a similar way that the Vatican City, while being in Rome, is technically separate and considered its own political entity

Also I remembered something that we need to take into account Coduss. Todd Howard said explicitly that there would only be dozens of players in the world and not hundreds, or thousands. This should alleviate some problems to some extent at least. So it's not going to be like Rust really, that game has hundreds of player in the same world together from what I've heard about it. Or it can anyway.

he said Dozens. as in any multiple of 12. so, that can mean anywhere between 12 and 96, if they stop before 100, or 12 to 192 if you dont count it as being "hundreds" until it passes 200. this is todd howard after all. we all know how fond he is of telling us those sweet little lies to convince us to buy bethesda's games

Not really, this is running on a modified version of the Creation Engine which badly out of date and certainly can't handle a player load that big. There are certainly some under cooked ideas going into this one, but I rather doubt we're being deceived. I just won't buy that without evidence.

how about the fact that, according to cannon, Vault 76 is supposed to have a total of 500 residents? what, did 90% of them get killed off in the couple hours your character supposedly slept in?

Given that nature of the post war world that not impossible. None of them would have been ready for the creatures they encountered and that alone would result in many deaths very quickly. More so for anyone unlucky enough to run into a Death Claw without having been aware that they exited.

Remember it's also canon that Death Claws are biological weapons developed during the war and they escaped after the fall of society. I still remember my first, desperate encounter with a Death Claw in Fallout 3. It was a mess and I have no how I killed that thing. And then there is that giant, mutant bat thing that can emit destructive sonic bursts.

It's all too probable that many who left the vault died within minutes to hours of their departure.

Yes, because they'd have made it that far away in the amount of time it takes someone to sleep off a hangover. *shrugs* look, you believe what ever you want to believe man. I trust anything todd howard says about as far as i'd be able to throw a behemoth, once a liar always a liar. and besides that, you should always prepare for the worst case scenario, and in this case? the worst case scenario is this ends up being bethesda's No Man Sky.

Getting entrenched in that kind of mindset ends badly man. I'm being open minded which is the sensible approach.

:rainbowlaugh:hah, you think it's sensible to be optimistic in a situation that so heavily depends on someone else.....thats adorable. at least with pessimism the inevitable fall into utter, soul crushing disappointment isnt as painfully hard. Never underestimate all the ways other people can (and likely will) let you down whenever you depend on them for anything, especially if they've done so repeatedly in the past. (and yes, i realize i'm a jaded, bitter asshole. at least i have more opportunities to be pleasantly surprised)

I'm not being optimistic. I'm just not making judgments six months in advance while knowing nowhere near enough to make said judgments. We've already had another No Man's Sky this year, it's called Sea of Thieves. And I get why players are frustrated by that one. It was pushed out the door well before it was ready.

You're just going to get made a fool of for try to cross a metaphorical bridge that doesn't exist yet.

you say i'll look like a fool, i say i'll be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe it's both, regardless there are some interesting games due out this year. I am curious about the new Doom game, but I need to catch up with 2016's Doom first. I can predict that I won't be great at it though, I don't typically play first person shooters.

And in Bethesda's wheelhouse the Evil Within 2 wasn't a disappointment. It's actually really solid, and I have admit really tough for me personally. It's only the third survival horror game I've ever played, so there is that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20