My Little Pony: The Movie ~ Fan Club 198 members · 257 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I asked this on the forum for the other group for the movie

What di you guys think of it

I thought it was alright, cute but nothing to make me a fan

6289631 I didn't like all the plotholes, but the rest was decent enough.

6289665 A lot of things in the movie was contrived and didn't feel natural. How exactly did the cat guy plan to capture the ponies? Why did the pirates decide to become pirates again after they decided not to be pirates anymore? It felt forced as fuck. Where did all the guards suddenly disappear when the attack occurred? Why were there 4 alicorns needed to upgrade the stuff? How come nopony saw the armada approaching days in advance? Why didn't rarity just levitate the stuff closer instead of building a pony leadder? Why was Celestia putting all the hope for Equestria in the Queen of the Hippogriffs? They couldn't even defend themselves. Why was Tempest Shadow a one mare army while everypony else, including the princesses, were utterly useless?
I could go on, but we don't have all day.

6289775 The one thing that bugged me the most, and it was a really big thing, is that all of Twilight's magic seemed to be strictly kinetic. As far as I can remember, she opened a door in the beginning, Macguyvered a hot-air balloon, and tried blasting herself out of a cage (and failing).

Given what we've seen Twilight do in the series thus far, this was too big of a stretch for me to ignore. Like seriously, she should have had this movie finished in twenty minutes (yeah, Tempest's failed invasion would have been that quickly thwarted). This was even more egregious when she's captured. It's like she blasts the bars of the cage a couple times, fails, and then gives up. It's like, in the Crystal Empire, she at least tried to teleport away. We, and by extension she, have no way of knowing if that cage is simply magic resistant or not, so yeah, try teleporting, try shrinking yourself, anything!

You do realise none of what I asked was the opinion of the movie

I was talking about the Hanazuki short that appeared before it

6290532 In that case, I don't know what you're even talking about.

The hanazuki short that WA splayed before the movie in the cinema

6290628 I ran late that night, so I only caught the tail end of it.

6290628 This?

I liked how she was chased by tentacles and then they wrapped around her towards the end.

6290648 You liked how those tentacles wrapped around her body as well, didn't you? I know you did. It was a good scene.

What question is that

No I didnt

6290670 I was under the impression that you liked Hanazuki.

Well even if I liked the franchise (which I said in the first part of this discussion,nothing about the short before the movie would have made me a fan) I don't know why I would have liked a scene with tentacles

clothing

You like little girls in miniskirts?

No, I meant nothing, sometimes autocorrect changes what I type

I will change it right now

Let me state what I meant:

All that I said is that nothing about what I saw of the short want me to become a fan, I only learned of the series existence when I learned there would be a short before the mlp movie

I am not a fan of hanazuki

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17