Mana's Unsung Heroes Writing Contest 25 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Manaphy
Group Admin

Because there were only four entries, it took less time to determine a winner than I anticipated. While everyone performed admirably and had some interesting ideas behind their stories, whether it was Trixie learning an important lesson, Babs changing from a delinquent to a hero, Fleetfoot caring for an abandoned egg, or Spitfire saving others, there were plenty of different looks at the prompt. However, the winner of this contest is:

While all of the entries had their strengths and engaging moments, Quillamore's entry was the winner for a variety of reasons. For starters, the story had one of the more interesting versions of Babs's counterpart behind the mirror, a former delinquent that later evokes the image of a superhero after saving a girl from a mugger, and Sunset Shimmer forming a close friendship with the youth well after the fact was both cute and heartwarming. The most impressive part of this story is how Babs's story parallels Sunset's, as they're both working toward becoming better people despite their troubled past. Furthermore, one moment of heroism signified a profound change for their characters. While the act of heroism wasn't the focus of the story, as it focused on relationships and character development, it nevertheless made for a unique take on the prompt. Sunset being the POV character instead of Babs also helped the story, putting the latter's actions into the context of an outside party. It's a story that's worth checking out, and if you're interested in reading it, I hope you also enjoy it.

I'd also like to congratulate the other participants, and while they weren't the winners, I appreciate the hard work they put into their stories. The other entries can be found by clicking the links below:
Trixie's Perfect Show
Homeward Bound
Spitfire's First Battle

As the winner, Quillamore may choose any Steam game of her choice that's $20 or less (or a prize of equal value) and the opportunity to have a live reading of their story by Night Spark. In regards to the former, I'll try to get the prize sent as soon as possible. Thank you all for participating, and if I ever decide to hold another contest, I'll be sure to let everyone know!

Congrats Quillamore!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2