Bimbette Ponies 69 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

According to my very brief research, the feminine form of bimbo is bimba. It's Italian. There's a Wikipedia article and everything.

I'm pretty sure these ladies would be insulted by the mangling of their native tongue.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

5970699 Well that's how the girls from Beauty and Beast who swoon over Gaston are titled so I went with the flow

Maybe because they are easily seduced by beautiful boys

As an Italian, I can tell you "bimbette" is correct and it does mean "little girls"... the problem is that "bimbetto/a" (and the plural form "bimbetti/e") is mostly a derogatory term, roughly meaning "little punk" or "snot-nosed girl."

In a way, I feel slightly bad for the trio for being referred to as 'bimbettes'. Although I too am reminded of the recognizable trio shown not only in the feature film versions of the Disney classic, but also the Broadway adaptation (Which I did play a part in for community theater). Like the characters in the Disney feature, the three may not have much personality except an infatuation towards the most handsome young stallion in town though he either seems oblivious to their affections or wants to be able to talk to them but he doesn't know how. Bit by bit, we eventually know they are not just referred to be the title of 'Swooning Ponies' but they do 'have' names, the real challenge is knowing a story about background gals who mostly serve a single purpose for a single episode. I wouldn't blame the three if they feel slightly offended because it would generally be considered a 'stereotype' of describing women who are 'date crazy', no matter who they like, when there's so much more whether if it's their wits, their physical feats, their artistic perspective, or maybe community work if they are into that sort of thing.

Who knows?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5