The Barcast 1,113 members · 2,292 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Milk_Barcast
Group Admin

Something new and exciting! We're trying written interviews for those who might not be able to join us for a live but still want to give us answers to questions deemed too lewd for children's ears! We're really excited to welcome Tatsurou as our first test subject guest to try out the written interview style!

Questions for Tatsurou

Q1: Tatsurou, thank you so much for taking the time to be a part of our first ever Barcast written interview. We’re going to do our very best to simulate the entire Barcast experience for you in text form. But, let’s start out simple. Could you please give us a basic introduction on who you are, what you do in the fandom, and how you got into the fandom?

Tatsurou: Well, online I go by Tatsurou Kaos, and I generally don’t give out personal information online...but that’s just internet safety, right?  As for what I do in the fandom, I’m a writer primarily of crossovers, which have apparently been very well received. As for how I got into the fandom...my first exposure that caught my attention was the Rainbow Dash vs Starscream Death Battle, where they scientifically proved, as Boomstick said, that a candy colored pony could beat a two story tall death machine.  But it was the webcomic “Friendship is Dragons” - a screencap comic that retells the story of Friendship is Magic as a D&D campaign - that brought me into the fandom.

Q2: What keeps you in the fandom?

Tatsurou: That would be my stories, the wonderful comments they receive, and the great friends I’ve made through the fandom.

Q3: And of course, we have to know. At the risk of public disownment by your beloved fans and followers: Who is best pony?

Tatsurou: Hmm...that’s a tough question.  Though if I had to pick one specifically, I’d say...Pinkie Pie.

Q4: So. How big’s your dick? I’m asking for a friend.

Tatsurou: As big as my follower count, but I’ll leave it up to you to guess the unit of measurement.

Q5: How many bananas can you eat and why is it 39?

Tatsurou: All the bananas.

Q6: So, I have it in good confidence that you said that cheese is bad for you, so I have it on good authority that you're a terrible person. Do you care to comment?

Tatsurou: *turns into Sheogorath* Cheese for Everyone!

Q7: I didn't really read your answer, but I have total faith that you didn't really redeem yourself, you havarti hater. But, our opinion doesn't matter I suppose. Today is about you! What do you find challenges you most in the creative process?

Tatsurou: Getting the focus to start a chapter when I sit down to write.  Mostly because there are a lot of distractions for me IRL.

Q8: What is your funniest anecdote related to your time in the fandom?

Tatsurou: I think that would have to be having my Mom help me write for Tohru’s mother in “Three More Things”, and one of my fans suggesting I should let her write a story for me.

Q9: Have you created fan-works for any non-MLP related franchises and would you care to share them?

Tatsurou: I’ve made a bunch for Teen Titans, among other fandoms.  They can be found on my fanfiction and AO3 profiles. Though the most recent that I’m excited for is a crossover between Kill la Kill and Highschool DxD.

Q10: Any advice for the writers just starting out in their fanfic careers?

Tatsurou: Character first.  Literally any story idea can work, and any combination of events can be written as believable.  What sells a story, what makes it work...is the characters. If you can’t hear a line you’re writing someone saying in their voice without it sounding unnatural, don’t have them say it.  If it’s not in character, it’s a bad story.

Q11: If you had to send one pony to the moon, who would you send?

Tatsurou: Pinkie Pie, because she’d be back as soon as I scene shifted.

Q12: Whatever answer you said above is wrong because obviously, the right answer is Princess Heartbutt. What does Princess Cadance do on the moon?

Tatsurou: The correct question is ‘who’.

Q13: What inspires your writing?

Tatsurou: Everything, but mostly the great feedback from my fans that keeps me going.

Q14: Do you like to listen to music while writing? If so what are some of your favorite songs or bands?

Tatsurou: I do indeed, mostly music from whatever franchise I’m writing for, or music that sets the mood for the specific scene.  As for my favorite bands to listen to...Queen, Linkin Park, and Evanescence.

Q15: How much pwn could a pony postpone if a pony could post pwning pone?

Tatsurou: 42

Q16: what's the most horrifying thing you can invent right now?

Tatsurou: Slaanesh’s Equestrian Orgy.

Q17: If Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon were to play Risk, who would you wager money on losing?

Tatsurou: Anyone in the vicinity watching.

And that concludes our written style interview! Again, thanks to Tatsurou for being the first of possibly many more written interview! Make sure you stop by his page and show him and his wonderful stories some love!

Now all you need is a featured story and you’ll be the RCL!

This is a great idea!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3