Private Pansy 31 members · 38 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Greetings, fellow coward-coddlers! I intend to keep this group ticking over instead of dying the death, so to begin with, I propose setting at least one group event for the months of April and May. However, this being my first time, and these being early days for the group, I'd like to partake in that quaint old tradition we know and fear as "democratic discussion".

To whit, I invite all members to give ideas and suggestions for this and possible future events here. As an example, Carabas and I have discussed the details for the group's first prompt challenge (or prompt challenges) on the General Discussion Thread. The details of that particular discussion can be found from this post onwards, but to distill it to its major points, so far we have this:

Deadline is the end of May, to grant all members the time they need for life in general, e.g. studies, work, other writing commitments.

Word count will be measured in hundreds of words, and the fics are to be posted as comments in the prompt challenge thread. This is less demanding than the more traditional thousands of words, and could be a good way for members to break the ice and test the waters by posting and commenting on each other's concepts, stories, responses, and critiques. Longer challenges could then be introduced later.

No external rewards at present, such as money or gifts. Those may be arranged for later challenges,

Current prompt is "Training". The idea here is to balance a good challenge with creative freedom, and it's an appropriate topic for a starting point.

Instead of one single prompt, we may host a possible suite (say, a trio) of prompts so that those not satisfied with one may be satisfied with another. For instance, Carabas suggested via PM that we could have a "Hard Mode" version where the word limit is only fifty words.

This is by no means set in stone, though I must admit I very much like the ideas so far. If you would like to say anything, make suggestions, or post your own ideas for consideration, please do so. It's only fair to warn you I might reject some, but I'll at least try to be reasonable and explain why I don't think something would work or why I don't think it's suitable.

As a rough time limit, you'll have until the end of Easter Monday before I decide to go ahead with the ideas I do have. That should give you four days, which seems about right, and of course nil desperandum; there will be other events besides the prompt challenge!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1