Private Pansy 31 members · 38 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

There's no end date, and given how quiet the group is at present, it's hardly urgent. However, should numbers increase, I will need at least one co-admin to keep things under control. The usual duties will apply; if you've never been one before, I strongly recommend visiting the Admin Training Academy first to get an idea of what it entails, especially their tutorial thread.

Experience would be preferred, but it is not necessary at this stage. Time commitments will be a big factor, though, so please do not apply unless you are absolutely certain you can handle it. The general aim is to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere, with possibly some leeway for more Teen-oriented turns such as the odd bit of profanity or topics that are darker than show-standard but not actually grimdark.

And obviously, you must have some interest in Private Pansy. That practically goes without saying.

Carabas
Group Admin

If and when a co-admin ever becomes necessary, I'll put my own name forward, and it's the sort of thing I'll likely always have time for at the end of workdays. My experience and credentials could be charitably described as 'outright non-existent', mind, so if anyone with even a smidgen more experience applies as well, I'll happily withdraw my name in their favour.

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

No worries. I'll remember your name if we start getting busy ("if", mind), but like I say, it's hardly urgent this early on. I made the thread partly as a pre-emptive measure, and partly because I'm the sort to forget this kind of thing if I put it off for later. Thanks for letting me know.

La Scribbles
Group Admin

I'm working on several Pansy fics at the moment..

I've also done admin and mod work before.

Both for Gamepro Mag Website. way back in the day before the place went belly up.

I also did a bit of freelance admin work for a few friends private forums.

I'll throw my hoof in the ring as well. I'm on lurking or reading.

Like all the time....:twilightoops:

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Okey dokey, you'll go on my waiting list for now. We'll see how this group fares for a bit, and then if I think it's getting busy (or I think it'd be a very good idea not to put it off much longer), then you're in. Will reply on this thread when that happens.

La Scribbles
Group Admin
Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Well, I've had a think. I don't see any compelling reason to deny you two co-admin status. Therefore, congratulations; you're in the officer's club now. :twilightsmile:

Truthfully, it won't consist of much more than checking up on the group, say, once a week, or making sure there's at least one new thread on the forum a month. Beyond keeping the group's pulse going, the admin status is there because you expressed an interest, and at present it means you can perform the major administrative duties, not that you have to do so.

If you have ideas (e.g you want to highlight a fic or suggest an event or discussion), feel free to post them or discuss them with me and/or amongst yourselves. If I disagree with whatever you're doing, I'll at least try and explain why before making any changes, assuming I make any at all. If you wish to revoke said status any time, then post a reply here and I'll edit your status on the membership page.

Overall, I aim for a relatively easy-going group at the moment, with a considerable degree of flexibility and innovation.

In any case, this remains an open application. Anyone else who wants to chip in can still do so by requesting admin status here.

Carabas
Group Admin

Cheers a bunch. :twilightsmile:

I promise to try my best to not go too mad with power.

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

:trollestia: Oh, by all means go mad with power; to be frank, we could do with the extra publicity.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9