SpongeBob Squarepants 41 members · 32 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Before I let you guys in on my thoughts of this trailer, take a look at it for yourselves first:

Now, onto my thoughts:

The trailer definitely reveals something that looks to be another fun upcoming film. Even for a Spongebob fan like me!

I love how everything appeared to be giving off the spirit of what made the series so special, especially in that of its early years. The humor that was presented was fabulously done, and its storyline about Spongebob's desperate search for Gary is really intriguing, even though that storyline was already done before. I also liked seeing how and when Spongebob and Gary met. Plus, the revealing of Keanu Reeves as the character of Sage was quite an amusing moment.

The only thing I can't help but feel curious about is why the film couldn't be hand-drawn animated instead of computer-animated. I know that the last two Spongebob films were already hand-drawn, but...I would've liked to see the film have that visual look instead of an all computer-animated look. It's mainly because, while I don't have anything against the technique personally, I feel that the technique of all computer-animation is becoming too overused in the feature animation departments nowadays, and I've been hoping that there could be a change in pace on that.

In the end, though, I think this film could very well be something worth a look or two. Even grab theater tickets for, might I add.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1