The Rejuvenationverse 48 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Purple Patch
Group Admin

‘Cause I’m bored.
Anything?
You can also recommend and request stuff.

Bronycommander
Group Contributor

Well, you know already what i have in mind for requests but you don't have to. That Story idea with the Eternal knights getting turned into foals could be a good Bonus chapter or side story would be a nice idea.

As question, what was your Inspiration to make your stories and why did you create the Eternal knights?

AmorphousFurrySnakeThing
Group Contributor

What happened to Princess Laurelore that meant that Celestia and Luna took over? Just old age?

Purple Patch
Group Admin

Ah, good question.
I won’t divulge too much (As it’ll be relevant in later chapters) but by the time of the assassination attempt on Princess Laurelore, she’d just ended a great conflict against what could be called an anti-alicorn alliance; a great congregation led by descendants of previous rulers of Equestria who regarded the alicorns as abominations rather than guardian saviours believing their magic dangerous and heretical, refusing to acknowledge physical gods and declaring war on those who supported them. The war was long, bloody and costly.
Laurelore and her subjects welcomed its end but the attempt on her life showed that not only were her enemies still around but they now knew she, and all other alicorns, were vulnerable. As far as she knew, Cascadius could have been the first of many assassins that would hunt her and her friends down. The near-success of Cascadius’s mission would create a new anti-alicorn resurgence and a war that never ended.
One of the main reasons Cascadius’s name was removed from history, to ensure none knew that a god princess could bleed.
But she still feared for the safety of her subjects were her death to come.
And this is the reason why Celestia and Luna were made to rule together as sisters. The sisters took the powers over sun and moon when they ascended. Laurelore had no such powers and this was a sign that the alicorn monarchy would grow in power however long they remained active (A possible reason for Flurry Heart being born with wings and a horn)
It was clear that, were either one sister to fall, the other would take power over both the sun and the moon and find herself near invincible, and in a state of insatiable fury until those responsible were all dead. Something nopony would want no matter what they felt about alicorns.
Faced with such an outcome, the declared enemies of alicornhood would surrender, leaving Equestria in peace.
But in order to ensure Celestia and Luna reigned supreme, Laurelore had to disappear.
Nopony knows how she did it or by what means but she simply disappeared. The Doctor appears to house such knowledge but Celestia and Luna agreed not to delve into such matters unless Laurelore herself allowed them.
Essentially, alicorns are treated almost like WMD’s and the presence of a double set of them meant annihilation was certain even if an assassination attempt was successful.
To protect Equestria and all who lived upon it, Laurelore gave up her throne to her two adopted daughters and was never heard from again.

Purple Patch
Group Admin

Well, since you ask.
It took me a while to fully accept that I wanted to get involved in Fimfiction. I don’t consider myself a ‘brony’ as it is the fanwork that inspired me rather than the show. I’m quite impartial to the show in itself.
The first piece of Fimfic I read was ‘A Brief History of Equestria’ by K9 the Great. It was a reinterpretation of the story of the Three Tribes, presented in a fashion one would normally find in a straightforward but well-detailed history book (And lots of humorous references).
So I looked into it and one thing I really got interested in was how adored Derpy was to the fanbase.
She’s a single mother struggling with a mental condition and may or may not be connected with the equivalent of Doctor Who. SHE’S the real hero.
I got involved with Fimfic when 2016 was making me feel under the weather. It helped a lot and I wanted to contribute.
So I drummed something up and, honestly, I was surprised how well it turned out. So I thought ‘Let’s make some more’.
The more attention I gave Doctor Whooves and the more despicable and worthless the Countess looked, I decided the fic could do with a better class of villain. But instead of a great magical cosmic horror like Discord, Nightmare Moon or Sombra, I thought about someone who uses their mind rather than strength or magic. Someone who hadn’t any phenomenal powers but could still prove himself a fearsome foe without them. It hadn’t been done so far by the show so I gave it a shot.
I was inspired by various villains such as Lex Luthor, Moriarty, Vandal Savage, Grand Admiral Thrawn and others, villains who would plot and scheme with devastating results. And so Cascadius was born.
The villains in my fics aren’t physical monsters but ponies at their worst, something not even Starlight Glimmer was (She wasn’t technically ‘evil’ just deluded and vindictive)
So I carry on as best I can and I’m happy I’ve made a good impression.

As to the Eternal Knights, I realised the fanbase adores Luna almost as much as it adores Derpy. There’s a huge trend of exploring the truth behind Luna’s banishment (I don’t go in for the ‘Tyrant Celestia’ trend but I feel as though if it were complicated in Starlight Glimmer’s case then it was complicated in Luna’s case) I’m not the first person to come up with a civil war or that there was legitimate support for Luna’s cause but I tried my hand anyhow.
I imagined a very balanced case of war with good and evil on both sides. The Eternal Knights as a group were based off a combination of the Kingsguard, the Night’s Watch, the Nazgul, the Knights of the Round Table, the Assassin’s Brotherhood and various others. Benevolent but not gentle. Good but not soft. Essentially My Little Pony pushed through the edgy Comic Book hero filter (Who knows, that may be how MLP develops in time. 50’s Batman makes modern MLP look gritty and hardcore)
And, of course, I wanted to thank my followers for their likes and comments that had got me this far and flashback characters were a good way to give them plenty of attention while keeping the fic on its current path.
It developed from there really.
But essentially, the Eternal Knights are an idea I intend to take further in the scenario I created them in. I plan, in time, to showcase my interpretation of the Civil War and the memories it left upon its only survivors.

Bronycommander
Group Contributor

I see, nice ideas!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6