Displaced hybrids 57 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Firstly, I'd like to ask if this group was sanctioned by an Admin. Because to my knowledge, when I brought the matter up with an acting admin, it was the first he had heard of the matter.

Secondly, I must bring this to attention... what exactly is the point of this group? Surely you could've just petitioned for a new sub-category in the Folders of the Displaced Group for Displaced who happened to be these... "hybrids" you speak of. It just seems like this group is pointless, and merely spreads the bad name of Displaced being Wish Fulfillment and, to use a direct quote from another user when discussing the Displaced with him:

The more groups spawning from that Displaced bullshit, the more this site just becomes a cancerous cesspool.

Now, that quote does not express my own views fully, as I am clearly an avid advocate for the Displaced group, but the message still hits home. More groups just leads to a lowered oppinion of our continuity, and to be frank, that is not needed.

My final point, is that this group appears to me as the beginning of a breeding ground for Wish Fulfillment, Mary Sues, Gary Stus, and overall overpowered first person self-insert Displaced fics that are the whole reason this group so often gains such a negative reputation.

I have now spoken my piece. I will be bringing the existence of this group to the attention of the Founder and Admins, and discussions regarding this group will unfold from there.

Lockgate
Group Admin

The point of this group is to allow easy access for people who like the idea of a character becomeing a combination of two different characters. As well so people don't have to go looking for two or more hours just to find one spacific story type.

Also so writers who like this type of concept have a place to put their story's.

That's it. I wasn't trying to sh!t on the displaced name. Heck, I don't care if this group is used soly for exchanging ideas. It's just for easy access.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2