Rate My Avatar! 42 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

IDK. Placeholders everywhere! :pinkiecrazy:

Also, why do I get the feeling that I'm the only one that really ever posts here anymore? Is it because of my monthly avatar rotation?

Looks good so far!

Thing is that I don't actually change my avatar much. I change it in October for Halloween, and I put on a Christmassy one, and sometimes April 1st, and sometimes when I put on a temporary one, I do tweaks and changes to my normal one or even redraw parts of it when I switch back, so I have a somewhat new avatar that nobody really notices since they haven't seen the old one in a while.

So yeah, I don't have many chances to post here, and I tend to forget when I actually am changing my avatar.

And this is kinda a small group. Maybe it's time for it to be promoted around a bit again.

--Sweetie Belle

Thicc Scrafty
Group Admin

Looking Great so far! I really appreciate that someone is still willing to post here, so I try my best to reply whenever possible.

As for me, Haven't really been on Fimfiction long enough to dedicate myself to post, or add stories to any of the groups I made, I hope I can find some admins to help with that, and keep up with everything when they can while I continue to check on things as I've been doing.

As it is, I'm only ever on Fimfic to check the forums of groups I follow + my own if something ever gets added and occasionally read stories, and that probably won't change once I finally get either a job or back into college again. >~<

Speaking of which, I just finished it today, and decided to put it up early!

It's still a bit rough though, so next month's avatar would probably just be a tweaked version of this.

Thicc Scrafty
Group Admin

I really like the shapes and colors you did, and the shading on the folds looks great!

The Only parts I feel a little bit iffy about is maybe the outline and how it blends in with the white background background,

But aside from that, everything looks pretty clear, and the folds and shading really help it stand out!

Yeah. I was working on it on-and-off today along with my usual homework, so I got a bit sidetracked. If you look closely, you can see that the shading is a bit off, and zooming in further reveals an x-shaped collection of color blobs from when I forgot to remove a line after I finished coloring in my usual gradient-based style.

I can sympathise. I'm an admin in dozen of groups, which can be tough to keep track of. Part of it is that I often volunteer to be a backup admin in case anything happens to the current admins, and later on, I find I'm the only admin still left on the site. :unsuresweetie:

Of course, that makes it where I watch over my groups, but have too many groups to actually get really motivated to get things moving and overhaul things and such...

Looks great!

I could potentially see putting it on something other than a white background, and I'd be tempted to fiddle with the black gradient on the two triangles pointing at the T, just because I think one might be a little more abrupt than the other, but that's just minor tweaks, really. (For that matter, the white spot at the center of the up and down part of the T vaguely bugs me, but only on it when it's shrunk to avatar size, not on the full size version...)

That's all just minor suggestions, though. It looks pretty good just the way it is.

--Sweetie Belle

And the weird 1-pixel multicolor border around my avatar was left over from the grid lines that I was using to layout the thing. I might've cropped it down exactly to that border size instead of one pixel further, resulting in the grid remnant becoming colored with the rest while I was messing with gradients.

Borders can be irritating, sometimes, and there's always stuff you spot later. I was looking and saw this older version of my current avatar floating around. I think it was too small on one side or something, and I increased the border on all sides then cropped when I uploaded or something.

Looks pretty silly with nothing on the bottom but the background!

I'm pretty sure this is my latest copy, tho', dated from last December.

--Sweetie Belle

Yup. It's always the things you catch after you call it good for the day.

Exactly. It's usually best to look at things again a day or two later, really.

Of course, this, I'm not even at that stage on, and it probably won't end up as my avatar!

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11